Tuesday, June 25, 2024

BotaniCuts: Wisteria

Hello friends.  Played with a new die set this past weekend from The Greetery called BotaniCuts: Wisteria and have 2 cards to share with you that I think fit with the Triple B Challenge perfectly!



Although I used mostly purples (Shaded Lilac & Wilted Violet DOX inks), I also added some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink that gave my Wisteria that hint of blue from the mood board.  Here's the first card...


I started by die cutting the blooms and leaves from white cs and then used my DOX inks to ink them up.  I also added some water splatter to the leaves and white acrylic paint splatter to both the leaves and blooms.  While those were drying I embossed a white panel with SSS's Vine Canopy embossing folder and attached to a white card base.


To finish, I added some glitter to the Wisteria, a few gold gems, and a gold foiled sentiment from Spellbinder's Everyday Sentiments II.  


 My 2nd card is VERY similar to the first, except that I ink blended a blue background on the card base by masking off the top and two sides of the card base and bringing the color down about 3/4 of the way.  This left room for my sentiment at the bottom using The Greetery's New Day Sentiments, which I've had in my stash for a looooooong time, and finally pulled out and used!  A couple Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K) finished off this 2nd card.


If you'd like to play along with this challenge, you can find it right HERE.  The challenge is open till Sunday, June 30th @ 8:00PM.

I'll also be adding these 2 cards to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since the die set and sentiment set from the 2nd card have never been used before.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



17 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both gorgeous!!! What beautiful coloring on those wisterias. Your coloring and ink blending are perfection as is the design on both.

Loll said...

Both cards are STUNNING, Marcia. LOVE the wisteria and the colours you've used. Both designs are so beautiful. Great work, my friend! xx

Cat Craig said...

Simply gorgeous blooms on your cards Marcia! And they are perfect for the challenge.

Darnell said...

Your wisteria is stunning, Marcia, and in these hues, they remind me of lilacs, which you know I love! Both designs are beautifully painted and textured! And I'm smitten with the blended rectangle background in your second design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! And since this is anything-goes week, I'm pinning them to my I.D.E.A.S. board! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Your wisteria are so pretty, Marcia! Love both backgrounds too, especially the second one! Awesome ink blending and a lovely sentiment!

TK said...

Beautiful! While similar, both cards are just beautiful and definitely look different at the same time -- well done, Marcia!

Diane said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Birgit said...

These are both so gorgeous!!! The colors you achieved are so perfect for these pretty wisteria flowers. Beautifully done my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

You've used and colored the Wisteria beautifully, Marcia! Two marvelous cards. I especially love the ink blending and sentiment on the second one!

I Card Everyone said...

Pumping up my Kindle and phone at Tom's lab - so glad I didn't miss this one, Marcia! It's GORGEOUS and BLUE-tiful!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, these are jaw droppers, Marcia! Wisteria is one of the most beautiful vines. I had a gorgeous mature plant at our old house (more than 30 years ago), but could not get one to bloom here. You've created two absolutely gorgeous cards with your color effects and backgrounds!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous wisteria cards, Marcia! Especially love card two with the inked background!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia! Your Wisteria is GORGEOUS! I love both the embossed background and the inked backgrouns. You achieved such a realistic look with the colors in the flowers and leaves. Breathtaking really!

Bobby said...

Both card are beautiful, Marcia.

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... these are both just beautiful! LOVE THEM!!! Don't forget about our embossing challenge - CYHTP - link below. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

TK said...

Congrats on Top Winner at Triple B!!! It's beauty-mous!

Julia Aston said...

Your dimensional wisteria is beautiful on this Marcia! Two lovely backgrounds for them too. Love both of the sentiments you used. Julia xx