Sunday, June 16, 2024

Color Hues #89 - SAGE & PINK

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge here at Color Hues, and I'm the hostess this time and I've picked the colors SAGE and PINK to play with for the next two weeks.

Remember that any hues of these two colors are welcome, but try not to add other colors except for neutrals, and most of all, just have FUN using these two color hues on your cards.

Gina K had released a stamp/die/stencil set awhile back called Modern Floral, and at the time I didn't think I needed it. (You know...trying to behave and all that!!)  And of course, shortly after that I realized I did in fact NEED it and then it was too late...sold out!  Finally, a few more came back in, and I was lucky enough to grab it.  Here's what I came up with using the challenge colors and this fun stamp set...


Aren't those FUN and kinda funky flowers?!  I started with the outlines in black ink, and then used the stencils to add in the shades of pink and sage on the tiny flowers.  


I attached my panel to a top folding white card base and then added a strip of striped black and white dsp from PTI and a thin strip of black cardstock to the left side of the card.  My sentiment comes from Honey Bee's Bitty Buzzwords stamps and dies, and I die cut the word "friend" from black and backed it with the shadow die cut in vellum.  I also stamped the word "hello" multiple times along the edge of the thin black strip for a bit of a different look.  I finished this sweet card with a few black enamel dots (Gina K).

The DT and our Special GD Amy did a fabulous job with this color combination, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in our gallery!  This challenge is open till Saturday, June 29th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



18 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia, this is amazing. I love the loose flower and so glad it's the one that did not get away from you! Those flower shaded with the stencil look so free. I am a lover of offset designs. Beautiful card my friend, you always teach me or show me something new every time I visit you!

JulieP said...

I adore this card!!!! And now I *need* those stamps/stencils myself. I love the retro funk and your overall design so much!

Bobby said...

I think black and white striped are a great accent for flowers and you proved it right here on this terrific card, Marcia. The modern flowers are so sweet and what a great idea to add the sub sentiment along the side.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - what a great choice for a color combo, Marcia! Just love what you've done with it - the black/white stripes add the perfect accent!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the mix of snowflakes and florals you shared while I was away, Marcia! Today's card is especially cute. Love the teeny sage flowers and the striped border!

Julie B said...

A fab showcase for the new colours Marcia. Love the loose effect this set gives and of course you NEEDED it!;) There are so many wonderful sets out there that my wish list grows ever longer but being in the UK is a great way to avoid HAVING to have them! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I must have been channeling you a few weeks ago with my sage and pink cups, Marcia! You know that sage green is my favorite of all the greens - SO pretty with pink and just perfect for these darling 'funky' and fun flowers! HELLOOO gorgeous!
=]

Birgit said...

This is amazing Marcia! I love the sage and pink color combo and I can definitely see why you "needed" that stamp set! The black a white stripes and stamped HELLO along the edge is genius!! Oh my friend, how you continue to inspire us with your creative talents.

Loll said...

So glad you succumbed to buying this sweet stamp bundle, Marcia. These flowers are so fun and playful, and look amazing with the challenge colours. The black washi tape adds to the modern look. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

These flowers are so pretty and definitely fit the "need" category, Michele! They are perfect for these colors! You straight stamping of the hellos is amazing. I would have had them dancing in all directions!

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty, love those fun blooms!

Nancy said...

One can never have too many florals that is for sure. I love the playfulness of this stamp and we seemed to both feel black was a nice addition. Awesome card and it will be a fun gallery, I am certain of it.

Stef Perry said...

Those flowers have such a cool modern look and I love the striped paper and your continuously stamped hello - such a clever design, Marcia! Lovely card! Thanks for giving us such a wonderful combo to play with!

TK said...

STUNNING, flirty and fun! I can definitely see why you HAD to have this one, it is just fantastic. The layout is pretty fabulous too, with the b&w stripes accenting the flower outlines

Cat Craig said...

Been on a vacay to Ohio to see the folks. So catching up. Have loved seeing your posts. Great collection of cards, and I especially love this pink and sage beauty. So simple and sweet.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! I love this so much! This style is tons of fun and full of happy vibes. I love the stripes and the hello border down the side, and those flowers are fabulous! I've been trying so hard to limit what I even look at, let alone buy. This sort of card does not make it easy. Love the colors you chose for the challenge, too. So pretty!

Karen said...

Marcia, I love the color combination you've chosen! I don't think I've ever seen these whimsical flowers--so lucky you managed to snag them!They are delightful, and I always love a black and white striped paper! I would never have thought to stamp the tiny hello multiple times along the border, but I think you'll see this on a card of mine some day! Just the cheeriest card ever!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so beautiful, Marcia. I love the loose color on those wonderful outlined flowers. I love the placement of your sentiments and that wonderful strip of black & white on the left side. Such a beauty!