Thursday, July 11, 2024

BLOOM WITH KINDNESS

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the Stencil Fun Challenge using a new (to me) stencil, stamp & die set from Altenew called Dynamic Duo: Wildflower Bouquet.


 
There is an optional twist with this challenge to use shades of blue, and I do have one flower that should qualify for that, so take a look...


I started with a piece of heavy weight vellum and used an Altenew embossing folder called Daisies and attached to my white card base.  (This is one of those 3D embossing folders, and the first 2 times I embossed the vellum it ripped, so I finally remembered to mist the vellum on the front and back before running it through my machine...geesh, you'd think I've been doing this craft long enough that I would have remembered that!!) Next I did my stenciling using Gina K inks in pinks, blues, yellows, orchids, & greens.  Next I used the coordinating stamps for the flower centers and my polychromo pencils to add some extra detail (mostly to the leaves).


 I die cut the blooms with the coordinating die and also layered a couple more underneath to give a bit of sturdiness to the bouquet before adding foam strips to the back and adhering over the dry embossed vellum.  I finished with the bold sentiment from the set and a few Disco Ball sequins from Gina K.  Next time I think I will die cut the bouquet first before stenciling, but all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the way this colorful bouquet turned out.

You can check out all the wonderful inspiration from the DT right HERE and then play along until Saturday, August 3rd.
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

Your colorful blooms have brighten this dreary day for me this morning, Marcia! The embossed vellum panel in the background adds so much lovely dimension and texture to this stunning card. The penciled in details are perfect and finish this bouquet of nicely.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I LOve how your garden grows! What a beauty - you could be a garden planner!
Thanks for reminding me of that daisy embossing folder!
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful card with all that amazing texture, Marcia. The background is looks fantastic behind your gorgeous bouquet of blooms. xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is a charming summer card, Marcia! I like the colors you chose for your pretty bouquet!

TK said...

Beautiful blooms, Marcia! Love your embossed vellum too. Me? Too scared to try that one so I'm impressed with yours! Very pretty

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous bouquet, Marcia! I love your mix of colors and details! It's all so pretty on the embossed daisies!

Bobby said...

That is such a lovely bouquet, Marcia, and I love the embossing behind it. I would never have thought to do it on vellum and it looks fabulous.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely layers and perfect coloring with those stencils. SO Beautiful.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this, Marcia. You chose wonderful colors for your flowers, and the EF you used with vellum (I love this effect!) makes the perfect stage for these beauties!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia this is just BEAUTIFUL! What an awesome stencil and LOVE that embossed background too (don't forget about our embossing challenge called Can You Handle the Pressure ... link below). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers