Monday, July 1, 2024

Color Hues #90 - WHITE & AQUA

Hello friends.  Welcome to July and another fun Color Hues ChallengeNancy is our hostess for the next 2 weeks and she would like to see WHITE & AQUA on our cards!


I hemmed and hawed over this one and I'm not even sure why, as the color pairing is SO pretty!  I ended up making a Christmas card and although it's very simple, I really like the way it turned out!  Take a look...


I love these Nordic Bears from Poppystamps and die cut them from white, Ocean Mist, & Blue Lagoon cardstock (Gina K).  I die cut a Snowflakes (PFS) background and layered it over a Blue Lagoon card base, and then added a frame made from PFS's Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die set.


The bears were added with foam tape for a bit of dimension, and then I finished with some clear gems from PFS in the snowflake centers and a bit of black & white twine at the top to balance out the black & white pre-printed sentiment strip (Gina K).  Easy peasy and I think those cute bears steal the show!!  Should have made more than one, dang it!!  Oh well, easy enough to replicate!  Hardest part of this card was poking out all the little bits from the snowflake background!

Make sure you check out all the awesome WHITE & AQUA cards from the DT and our Special GD Nance for inspiration right HERE and then play along with us!  We'd love to see YOU in the gallery!!  This challenge is open till Sunday, July 14th @ 9:00AM.WHITE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

They are SO darling, Marcia - yes, you should have made more than one! There's time before Christmas!
Such a wonderful card using just ONE color and white - that tricky Nancy!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun color combo and I love your Nordic bears done with it, Marcia!! Great design for multiples!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, those bears are the sweetest! And that background is swoon-worthy! What a perfect way to use aqua and white!!!!! I love it.

Bobby said...

Simple to you, Marcia, but I think it's very impactful with the layered bears and that wonderful snowflake coverplate. Great use of the colors.

Bonnie said...

These bears make an adorable Christmas card, Marcia! I love the aqua peeking out from the snowflakes too! Great colors for Christmas!

cm said...

Marcia, your polar bears and snowflake background are perfect for this combination. You describe your card as simple; I say simply sensation and festive fabulous.
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

I think those sweet bears were meant for Nancy's colors! This is a wonderful layered card, Marcia! Well done!

Karen said...

This card is simply beautiful! You've used one of my favorite backgrounds, and it is the perfect backdrop for those wonderful Nordic bears!

Karen said...

This card is simply beautiful! You've used one of my favorite backgrounds, and it is the perfect backdrop for those wonderful Nordic bears!

TK said...

Very pretty! I love the colors, and they make wonderful Christmas cards

Greta said...

Very sweet Christmas card! That is a pretty combo and worked great for this card!

Julie B said...

What sweet bears, they make the perfect focal point on top of that fab snowflake cover plate die cut background! Fab take on these colours. :)