Monday, July 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #93 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Flower Challenge where we're looking for BIRTHDAY CARDS this month.


I played with an older Altenew set called Celebrate Us and some Catherine Pooler inks and came up with this...

These are pretty simple flowers compared to how elaborate some Altenew flowers can be, but I really like the simplicity of them!  I used Sweet 16 and Pixie Dust inks for the flowers and Green Tea and just a touch of Eucalyptus inks for the leaves.  I fussy cut them out and then added them (with foam tape) to a panel of white that I embossed using an older SU! folder called Tasteful Textile.  I added a torn strip of colored cs beneath the embossed panel and added both to a top folding card base.


I finished with a letterpress sentiment from Spellbinders A Little Message Sentiments along with some PFS purple gems and a piece of black & white bakers twine.  

The DT has some lovely, lovely inspiration to get you started and you can find them all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, July 25th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Lovely birthday card! Beautiful card design and coloring. I love the edge you created when you tore the colored cardstock - looks like a pattern was created from the tearing.

I Card Everyone said...

'pretty simple' and simply gorgeous, Marcia! OH, I do love those purples!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Can't go wrong with purple, Marcia - love your design on this beauty!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the simplicity of the flowers too, Marcia and the pretty purples you've used! Another fabulous card, my friend!

Bobby said...

How clever to add that torn strip to tie in to the beautiful colors of your flowers, Marcia.

Cat Craig said...

The torn edge adds such a fun colorful texture to your card.

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I love these gorgeous large purple flowers, Marcia! The torn edge and embossing give wonderful texture!

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! Sometimes less is more, as is the case with the simplicity of these lovely flowers. So glad to see you using some older sets to make new creations. I love the strip of torn paper too. Beautiful all around my friend!

TK said...

Great colors together, and yes it's beautiful even if one of the simpler sets! Precious card, Marcia

Loll said...

The colours of your flowers is so gorgeous, Marcia. Love the purple with the green leaves. Gorgeous design with your layers of embossing and torn edge. xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is stunning, Marcia. I so love purples and I love olive as a companion! The town piece in the middle is FABULOUS and I love the twine. Such a beauty!!

Stef Perry said...

While this is a CAS card, you've added some wonderful elements that really ups the overall design, Marcia! I love the textured strip where you attached the flowers and the torn paper dividing everything. So gorgeous!