Monday, July 22, 2024

Here Come the Snowmen

Hello friends.  Having with a little Christmas in July today, and playing with a new Waffle Flower Postage Collage Snowman stencil set.  Once I started, I couldn't seem to stop, so I have 4 cards to share with you today.  Here's the first one...


 I did some pretty traditional coloring by stenciling the background first with a couple shades of blue ink and then adding the 2nd stencil which added the nose, arms, and buttons.  I also added some white acrylic paint splatters for the look of snow.  I decided to cut the snowmen apart and make even more of a collage by adhering them to a background that I embossed with a new Spellbinders embossing folder called Hexi Snowflake.  To finish I matted with a black layer and a white card base, and then added a die cut sentiment from Waffle Flower and a few iridescent gems from PFS.  


I had a leftover image when I cut the collage apart and made a simple card using another snowflake embossing folder for the background (SSS's Filigree Snowflakes) and a strip sentiment from Gina K and a few silver gems (PFS).  Can't really see it from the photo, but I sprayed the embossed panel with Sheer Shimmer Mist, so the card has a lovely sparkle to it.


For my 3rd card I kept the collage intact and inked the background up using medium and dark Orchid inks from Gina K, and also sprayed the layer with Sheer Shimmer Mist to give the allover card lots of sparkle and shine.  My small round sentiment comes from Waffle Flowers North Pole coordinating set and I finished with a few Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K) and some black & white twine.  


My last card turned out to be my favorite with very non traditional colors in pinks and greens.  A little bit of extra stamping on this one using the North Pole set and a card base stenciled with the air mail stencil that comes with one of the basic stencil sets from Waffle Flower.  The sentiment is also a part of the North Pole set and was embossed in white on a strip of black cs and raised with a bit of foam tape.  More Disco Ball sequins and glitter finished this bright and fun card.

Going to add all of these cards to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as everything used here is never before used!  


Also going to add my first card to the Peace On Earth Challenge where I was inspired by the shades of BLUE in their beautiful mood board.


Thanks for sticking with me on another long post and hope you enjoyed all these cute snowmen!  I'm thrilled to be adding another 4 cards to my Christmas stash too...it really will be here before we know it!  (Although the temps outside would beg to differ...been a warm summer here in West Michigan this year!!)  Take care and stay cool!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

I did enjoy these snowmen very much! Each card is just as sweet as the next. Love the blue and white collage style, while the purple is surprisingly fun and different. The pink and green is perfectly sweet! Love them all!!!

Karen said...

I love them all! But I agree, the last one is really special.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wonderful quartet of cards with the snowman postage collage, Marcia! I too especially love card four but they're all fabulous!!

Em said...

Really love these cards. The first one seems a perfect combination of the embossing folder and the stamped images.

Bonnie said...

I'm pretty sure that you smiled the whole time you were making these fun cards, Marcia! These snowmen are adorable! My favorite is the last one! Love those colors!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! They are even more adorable than I could have ever imagined! I love them all and can't wait to get my hands on your [other] newest embossing folder! I'm totally with you on your favorite - SO precious!
=]

Darnell said...

It's clear that you had an icy blast playing with these darling postage collage snowmen, Marcia, and I love each one and all the colors! My favorite is that little guy winking! Thank you for all the Christmas fun and for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hope it cools off soon; broiling here again for the week.🥵 Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

OH my gosh ... all your cards are so darn cute, Marcia!! Love all the variations and colours you've used to create such fun and happy Christmas mail! Great work! xx

TK said...

Sweet cards, Marcia! Love all the snowmen, they're so fun and make cute cards too

Bobby said...

These are all so delightful, Marcia. I love how you can use different colors and use the collage whole or in pieces to make a wide variety of cards.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh the smiles these bring! They're all just as cute as they can be, but your favorite is mine too, Marcia. And I love the sweet little snow face that's winking at us! Darling cards!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh I just LOVE all these snow people!!!! You worked that stencil set so wonderfully. I love each one with their adorable facial expressions. I especially LOVE the last 2 with their fabulous colors!

Cat Craig said...

Love love love these and now I am going to fail on my trying not to buy anything!