Thursday, July 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #93 - Birthday Card

Hello friends.  Happy July and welcome back to another Flower Challenge.  This month we are looking for BIRTHDAY CARDS with FLOWERS of course!


 We all need BIRTHDAY CARDS, and with the exception of Christmas cards, I think birthday cards are what I make most of, so this was an easy and fun challenge for me!  I used an older and well loved die set from Honey Bee called Lovely Layers Wildflowers and came up with this CAS birthday card...

I die cut 2 of the 3 wildflowers included in this set in white and Cherry Cobbler cs and then blended DOX inks around the edges and insides, and the leaves.  (Also did a bit of water splattering on the leaves...love that look!!)  I adhered my flowers to an embossed background using Spellbinders Geo Screen embossing folder, and then added Spellbinders Sealed Twine to give the look of a wax seal.


 I did some simple matting with a layer of black and a white card base and then finished with a few Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K).  

We have lots of beautiful birthday inspiration HERE to get you started if you need ideas.  We can't wait to see YOU in the gallery with all your lovely floral BIRTHDAY cards this month.  This challenge is open till Thursday, July 25th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

TK said...

Beautiful flowers, and they look amazing on your embossed background -- wonderful, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Love these die cut flowers, Marcia! They are so perfect for a July birthday or any month's birthday for that matter! Love the look of a wax seal without the hassle!

Bobby said...

That is one of my favorite flower sets, Marcia, and I love how you colored yours. The Poppy is beautiful with the inking on red. I love that wax seal look.

Loll said...

Beautiful birthday card Marcia! Those flowers are so gorgeous and love the splattering on the leaves. xx

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful Marcia. Love the pretty flowers and the embossed background.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm home! and happy to find this lovely in my inbox, Marcia... you do have such a way with flowers - and your leaves look soooo real!
=]

Birgit said...

Your summer bouquet is lovely! What pretty florals and I love that they're all die cuts. The background you used is perfect. I like the string and seal too, with the hassle of real wax.