Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Four Seasons Fall 2024

Hello friends.  Playing along with the challenge over at Four Seasons where they are looking for FALL themed cards.  I've had enough heat and humidity and am so ready for some cooler weather and lots of vibrant Fall colors!  How about you??


I have a new die set from PTI that totally says Fall...Into the Blooms: Acorns.  Here's what I came up with...




I die cut the acorns and berry sprigs from colored cardstock and then blended around them with DOX inks, and then the leaves were die cut from white and inked up with DOX inks and then water splattered for a little more interest.  The sentiment is from an older PTI set called SCENT-IMENTALS, and was stamped directly onto the largest acorn.  The background is a piece of kraft cs that I embossed with a really old Cuttlebug ef and then blended Vintage Photo DOX ink over it to make the words POP a bit more.


Hopefully you're enjoying some Fall like weather in your neck of the woods (sounds like Summer will be sticking around for the rest of the month where I live!) and are inspired to play along with this challenge!  You can check out all the lovely cards from the DT right HERE and then play along till Wednesday, Sept. 25th

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!






9 comments:

Birgit said...

This is delightful, Marcia! It kinda has a Tim Holtz look to it, which I love!! Those over sized acorns, leaves and berries scream "FALL"! A gorgeous make, my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! This is so fabulous! I love the detail in those caps and your inking brought all that fun embossing to another level! SO wonderful! I'm not going to say I am sorry about our weather however... I have three pots of peppers that need some grow time!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous fall card with the acorns and embossing, Marcia!!

Lisa Elton said...

So many fabulous fall layers, Marcia! This is a marvelous card, my friend. We had a few days of cooler temps, but it's back in the high 80's right now...OY!!

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic card for fall, Marcia! Love the way you've done the background and those big acorns, berries and leaves! I love the way the sentiment fits so perfectly on the acorn too. I'm ready for fall too. It's my favorite season.

Bobby said...

We have tons of acorns on the ground around here and often hear them hitting the steel roofs. I like yours much better, Marcia. In fact your card featuring them is fall-tastic.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love the earthy look with those big leaves and acorns, and that perfect embossed background. Great idea to stamp the sentiment on the acorn. You play so well with your toys. Just look at all that inky wonderfulness! We've had two days of rain, but quite comfortably warm and nice to be outside.

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is stunning, Marcia. LOVE it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please join us again soon.

Loll said...

Love your card with the gorgeous die-cuts and embossing, using earthy, organic colours. Really beautiful card, Marcia! xx