Sunday, September 1, 2024

Color Hues #94 - Rust & Green

Hello friends.  Not sure where August went, but happy September!  We have a new challenge for you here at Color Hues, and our sweet hostess Carol would like to see RUST & GREEN on our cards.


Sounds like Fall colors to me and I'm ready to be done with the heat and see some colors in the trees!  Here's what I came up with...



I started by ink blending a panel of white with Terracotta Tile (SU!) and Fresh Asparagus (Gina K) inks and then splattering with water.  When it was dry I hot foiled the panel with Spellbinders Autumn Leaf Border foil plate and Aura Foil.  The foiling is much brighter in real life (grrrr!!) and looks so pretty against the rust and green background.  I tore the edge and then adhered to a card base of Rustic Cream (PTI).  



 The sentiment comes from The Greetery's Autumn Bliss stamp set and was stamped with the Terracotta ink I used  for my ink blending.  I had a hard time not adding any bling to this card, but the foiling is really all it needed.

The DT and our Special GD Colleen have some beautiful cards to inspire you with these 2 colors, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us!  This challenge is open till Saturday, Sept. 14th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!






16 comments:

cm said...

Marcia, your ink-blended torn strip is a fabulous way to pair rust and green. The addition of foiled leaves...ohmystars! Absolutely beautiful! The sentiment: perfect for Fall! Thank you so much for embracing this combination in such a lovely, inspiring fashion!
hugs~carol

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous foiling with the fall colors blended in, Marcia - love this!!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful background for your foiled leaves, Marcia! I love how the torn edge gives it a rustic feel and that sentiment is beautiful!

Julie B said...

The foiled leaves look so pretty against your inky backdrop Marcia, a fab autumnal creation. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What lovely leaves you've placed on your fabulous inked background! Wonderful card, Marcia!

Karen said...

That's one of the most beautiful fall sentiments I've seen! And your embossed and colored leaves are simple gorgeous!

Birgit said...

This is perfectly "fall", Marcia! The ink blending with the torn edge is made only more lovely with the gold foiled leaves. What a wonderful sentiment too. Happy September to you!!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to find this among my MANY emails today, Marcia! [guess who forgot her password for Blogger so she could comment?] I have no trouble imagining just how extra gorgeous this is IRL - and it looks really pretty here, too! LOve your sentiment - every word speaks to me!
=]

Nancy said...

That sentiment and your gorgeous design were made for eachother. I love your blending of colors and the added shine. Wonderful job my dear!

Leslie Miller said...

The border and sentiment look wonderful together, and the foiling is fabulous! Beautiful ink blending. I love a change of season!

TK said...

Gorgeous, Marcia! Wow this is stunning -- from the beautiful colors to the perfect choice of foils. May I also add that I'm so impressed by your tearing - lol -- it may sound funny but my tears go in all sorts of random directions that I was not looking for.

Cindy Beach said...

I also have the foil panel and the sentiment stamp you used - and I am totally inspired by how you used them! The inked panel is wonderful and I love the Aura color of foil too. Your card is a beautiful work of art that definitely gets me in the mood for fall!

Tracey McNeely said...

There are a few leaves on he ground, a bit of colour way up in the trees, lots of acorns already. When I walk the dog all I hear is crunch crunch crunch! I just love your card, the flowers are beautiful. The foiling is very pretty and I'm sure it looks amazing in real life. Foil is so hard to take photos of! My imagination is running wild!

Loll said...

I LOVE your fall card Marcia!! The colours are so beautiful down the side of your card with the foiling over top. The torn edge is such a perfect detail. xx

Stef Perry said...

What a gorgeous card, Marcia! You got a nice ink blend with those two colors (could be disaster if one isn't careful about not over lapping, right?) and the foiled leaves are just stunning! Adding the torn panel to white adds so much interest plus a perfect spot for that apropos sentiment. Love this to bits!

Julia Aston said...

You are the hotfoil queen Marcia! The golden leaves look beautiful against your colors and the sentiment is the perfect accent! Julia xx