Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #95 - Include A Stamped Flower

Hello friends.  Happy September and welcome to a new challenge at The Flower Challenge.  This month we have an easy challenge for you...include a stamped flower!

I went looking through some of my older Altenew stamp sets and found a few that hadn't seen any ink in ages, so it was time to pull them out and have a play!  I had so much fun with this first stamp set that I actually made 3 cards with it!  Here's the 1st one...

I stamped the outline in black onyx ink and then had fun with some CP inks that I hadn't used in quite a while either...Coral Cabana, Bellini, Green Tea, & Eucalyptus.  I didn't have the coordinating die, so decided to fussy cut the image right to the black outline...was a pain, but I really liked the look when I finished! 


 I did a little bit of stenciling on the actual card base with Gina K's Thick Brush Stencil in gray and then added a panel that I die cut an oval from to place over the stenciling.  I added my flowers (Altenew's Positive Vibes) with foam tape for some dimension and then finished with a sentiment from the stamp set and a few iridescent clear drops from PFS.  CAS and really loved the way this one turned out!


My 2nd card uses the same florals from the Positive Vibes set, but in pink inks from CP (It's A Girl, Party Dress, Green Tea, & Eucalyptus).  Added a window frame from Gina K's Master Layouts #9 that I also embossed the outside edges using SSS's Vine Canopy EF.  My sentiment is also from Gina K's All At Once Greetings, and then finished with a few Disco Ball Sequins (also Gina K).


 
My last card is a very CAS one that I made into a sympathy card to have one on hand.  I used the same Positive Vibes stamp set and used Tiara, Sauna, Green Tea, & Eucalyptus inks (CP).  I did a little light splattering with the Eucalyptus ink and die cut the panel using The Greetery's Nordic Frame Dies.  Being a sympathy card, I left off any embellishments and called it good!

The DT has some absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards to share with you and you can check them all out right HERE if you're in need of some inspiration to play along.  Just remember to add a STAMPED FLORAL IMAGE as opposed to a stenciled or die cut floral image to your card and join us in the gallery...we'd love to see YOU there!  This challenge is open till Wednesday, Sept. 25th @ 5:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, beautiful in all three colors and designs! What a pretty flower stamp this is. Your cutting is amazing on the first card. CAS means "clean and stylish" here!

Bobby said...

I have always loved that stamp set and it looks good in all the colors you've chosen, Marcia. You made each card unique which makes making multiples more fun.

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve that set, Marcia, and you've really made it shine today for our challenge! It's my favorite of all three!
=]

Bonnie said...

Each one of these is beautiful, Marcia! I love the layering with the colors blending so well! The first shows beautifully with the soft stenciling behind. I love the embossed frame with the second bouquet and the yellows are beautiful! Three fantastic inspiration pieces!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three floral beauties, Marcia!! Love the peachy colors with the soft stenciling on card one, the pretty window on card two & the simplicity of card three. Would love to see card three entered in our Sept Diva challenge!
https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2024/09/poppy-yes-poppy-stamps-month.html

Birgit said...

What a treat to find three incredible cards today, all beautiful in their own rite. Each color scheme you used on the flowers go so well together and shows off the dimension and detail. You did such a great job changing up the backgrounds too, from stenciled to embossed to splattered, they're all simply gorgeous!

Jeanne H said...

Yes! Each of your cards are beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Marcia these is so much to love about this post. Your flowers are so beautiful. I always leave your blog feeling so inspired!

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is just as pretty as the next! What a wonderful flower set, Marcia!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful play you had with that forgotten stamp set Marcia! Beautiful shaded coloring on all of them and extra kudos for fussy cutting the first one!! Julia xx

Loll said...

Three amazing cards Marcia!! It's always fun to pull out an old favourite stamp that we haven't used for awhile. Creating multiple designs is a challenge, but we can tell that you had fun! Great work, my friend. xx

Stef Perry said...

All three cards are as beautiful as can be, Marcia! I'm thoroughly impressed with your mad fussy cutting skills, you did a beautiful job and that whole card design is lovely. In fact I love each one, showing how one stamp can be used for a multiple of styles. Absolutely lovely, my dear!