Friday, September 13, 2024

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #71

Hello friends.  Still trying to get back into the Christmas swing of things here so that I'm prepared come December and have a fun card to share with you today from inspiration from the Peace On Earth Challenge mood board.


The photo on the bottom right is what really inspired my card...the nutcracker!  I had bought Tim Holtz's Harvey set of dies almost a year and a half ago, and like most Tim Holtz die sets, when I opened the package and saw how many pieces there were, I closed it back up and put it away and then forgot about it!  It ended up really not being that bad (I've done worse ones, like the Santa one Michele and I worked on back in July!!), and I came up with a fun card to share with you!


He really is a cutie, isn't he?!  And I love his name...very fitting!!  I used scraps of colored cardstock to cut out all the pieces and then on some of the pieces (mostly the red, and the white feathers on his hat) did a bit of ink blending.  


For my background I used a piece of DSP from SU!'s Peaceful Prints...I love the plaid and snowflake combo!!  Behind Harvey I die cut the letters for the word JOY from The Stamp Market's Festive Foliage Dies.  I cut the letters from Real Red cardstock and again from white to make a shadow so they'd stand out more from the DSP.  I put foam tape behind the J & Y to add some dimension, and left the O and Harvey flat.  Pretty easy card once I got Harvey put together, and I think it turned out pretty CUTE!!


 I'm going to add this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge also, since I think waiting a year and a half to use a new die qualifies!


The DT at the Peace On Earth Challenge have lots of fabulous cards to inspire you to play along, so check it out and get going on those Christmas cards.  This challenge is open till Thursday, Sept. 19th @ 8:00PM. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling soldier nutcracker, Marcia - love the JOY and plaid behind him too!!

TK said...

He's so handsome, Marcia! He'll light up anyone's mantle with joy and spread smiles around

I Card Everyone said...

Harvey is VERY handsome, Marcia, and that plaid/snowflake DSP is really fantastic!
So, does this mean I don't have to pack Santa for our next gathering?? LOL
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Well I'm glad to see that Harvey was unwrapped and used... he's adorable! Love the plaid and the snowflakes in the background This is a delightful card, Marcia!

Bobby said...

I'm with you on all those tiny pieces, Marcia, but I'm glad you finally put him together. What a handsome nutcracker he is and the DSP and large JOY show him off wonderfully.

Bonnie said...

I do the same thing, Marcia. A lot of little pieces are very intimidating! But your effort was well worth it because Harvey is awesome and die cut JOY is fantastic!

Leslie Miller said...

Just wow all over! Harvey is darned cute and every detail of your card is fantastic! The multitude of pieces can be daunting at first, and you have to be in the right frame of mind for it, but it's so fun once you get started. At least it's that way for me. You did such a beautiful job on this, as you always do. Also, thank you for making me not feel so bad about how long some of my schtuff sits waiting to be used, sigh.

Birgit said...

Oh my friend, this is just too adorable! I adore your sweet little Harvey in front of the oversized JOY. He certainly brings a lot of joy with him! Great layering and colors on this darling card.