Sunday, September 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #95 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Flower Challenge
where we're looking for STAMPED flower images this month.

I used another older Altenew stamp set (Handpicked Bouquet) that hadn't seen any ink in quite some time, and came up with 2 cards to share with you.


I stamped the outline in black onyx ink and then stamped the layers in Sweet 16, Pixie Dust, Royal Treatment, Lime Rickey, & Grass Skirt inks (CP) and then die cut with the coordinating die.

The background was stamped with SSS's Friendship Text Background and then foiled using Prism foil and SB's Geometric Optical Background foil plate.  The Prism foil has a really sparkly look that unfortunately I was unable to capture, but gives a very glitzy look to this card!  I finished with a sentiment from Gina K's All At Once Greetings and a very thin strip of black cardstock to the left edge of the stamped and foiled panel.


My 2nd card uses the same Handpicked Bouquet stamp set and It's A Girl, Party Dress, Lime Rickey, & Grass Skirt inks from CP.  


After die cutting the floral image, I added it to a background panel that I'd embossed with SSS's Feathered Spiral EF with foam tape.  A few silver gems and a strip sentiment from Gina K's All At Once Greetings finished off this card.

We hope you'll join us (if you haven't all ready!) and add your STAMPED floral image to our gallery...we'd love to see you there!  If you need more inspiration, make sure you check out all the lovely, lovely cards from our DT right HERE.  This challenge is open till Wednesday, Sept. 25th @ 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, your florals are beautiful in purple AND pink - but that gorgeous embossing on card 2 stole my heart today! I'm packing extra cardstock!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, I think that's one of the prettiest Altenew stamps I've seen! It's so sweet and delicate and appears to die cut nicely. Love your clever hand crafted background on the first card, and the gorgeous embossed background on the second. I'm sure happy you brought this stamp out to play because it's a treat!

Bonnie said...

Two very different looks with this pretty flower, Marcia! I love the combination of stamping and foiling in the background of the first and the pretty purples. The second card is so elegant with the embossed background and white space. You have shown this stamp off beautifully, my friend!

Bobby said...

Two different looks but each wonderful in their design and color, Marcia.

Birgit said...

What perfect color layering on these beautiful flowers! Each card is exceptional in design, Marcia! You always blow me away with your beautiful backgrounds and designs.

TK said...

Both cards are stunning! Love the colors and beautiful texture

Loll said...

Two AMAZING cards using this beautiful stamp, Marcia. I LOVE it in both colour schemes!! Purple and green really pop against your layered background of text stamping and foiling. Such an interesting background - LOVE IT!! Of course, I love the coral bloom with the beautiful dry embossed background. :) Great work, my sweet friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love this set and am so happy to see both of your pretty cards today! I think the sweet pink version is my favorite!