Monday, September 29, 2014

Do You LOVE to Read?

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Spent ours finishing up window treatments, going up to the festival in Rockford where my husband grew up (and listening to him reminisce about the "good ole days"!!), and a little bit of stamping!  Do you like to read?  I  LOVE to read, and when Papertrey Ink put out their bookmark dies and stamp set this month, I had to have them!  Just joined a new group of ladies who get together once a month and stamp, and it's my turn to bring a card for all of us to make.  Yep, I had to use the bookmark die and stamp set!  And the "Life is Beautiful" stamp set and die too!  Take a look:
 
 
 
 
I kept my card base very simple so the focus would be on the bookmark.  I attached the bookmark with non permanent tape so that the recipient of the card can remove it and actually use the bookmark. 
 
Here's a closer up view of the butterfly so that you can see I used the baby wipe stamp pad technique with Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, & Daffodil Delight inks:
 
 
 
I love using this technique with the butterfly as it reminds me so much of the mixture of colors in an actual butterflies wings.  You can see a little better in this photo too that I used the inked up baby wipe on SU!'s "Canvas" stamp to lightly press onto the card base, and give it a more "stenciled" look.
 
I finished the bookmark by adding a few diamond jewels to the center of the butterfly, and then adding a piece of seam binding ribbon and black & white bakers twine to the top of the bookmark. And don't you just love the sentiment for a bookmark?!!  There's the one I used, plus 10 other ones in the "Book Club" stamp set, so it's a very versatile stamp set! :0) 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :0)

No comments: