Monday, September 8, 2014

Welcome to the World Little Angel - Addy Grace

Good morning friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was fantastic, as I got to visit with my little Addy Grace (and the rest of my family too!).  My daughter and son in law live a little over 60 miles away, so it's not like I can just pop in every day to see my new granddaughter, but I am very grateful they don't live in another state or continent!  Anyway, we had a great time visiting on Saturday, and bringing gifts (who doesn't love to shop for PINK?!!), and of course I had to make a card to go with the gifts.  I hadn't had a chance yet to use PTI's block die of "Welcome to the World Little Angel", so this seemed like the perfect opportunity!



My card base and the die cut are both SU!'s Pretty in Pink cs, and the DSP is from Cratepapers "Dainty Darling".  The teddy bear is a die and stamp from PTI's Polka Dot Parade #4.  I added a seam binding ribbon and a few pink sequins to finish the card off.  Oh, and I used a MS punch to make the little heart border on the bottom of the card.  And of course Addy Grace needed a nice warm pink blanket and matching booties and hats (I knitted the blanket and booties and my good friend Nora crocheted the two hats)!

Here's a few new pictures from Saturday of my beautiful little Angel:


My mom is a great grandmother (again...my brother has 3 grandkids)!


My daughter and Addy having a little chat.


And the happy new family of 3! :0)

Being a grandma is just the best, and I am SO excited to be a part of this little girls life!  I am feeling incredibly blessed...God is good! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations, Grandma. There is such a special feeling as you hold that precious little girl in your arms. She is beautiful and lucky to have you for her grandma. Beautiful card, pink booties and blanket.

Sue said...

Beautiful card and the blankets, booties & hats are gorgeous, too! Addy is one very special baby! Love it!

Darnell said...

Oh, Marcia, you are so right that it's a blessing to be that close! Your card and blanket and booties will be treasured forever! It's no wonder Addy Grace (LOVE the name!) has such a beautiful Gerber baby face when I see the lovely parents! Thank you for including the sweet photo of your mom, too! I'm grinning from ear-to-ear and so happy for you!! It's the best!! Hugs, Darnell