Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Make it Monday #181 - Paper Casting

Good morning friends.  Attempted to play along with the Make it Monday challenge this week where Danielle shows the centuries old technique of paper casting.  I have one tag to show for my efforts, but I will definitely try this again, as I really do love the looks of this technique.  I think my lack of bolder lined stamp images, and impatience contributed to my lack of success.  I ended up using one of my "Fancy Flake" dies for the one that turned out ok...take a look:


Using a stamp versus a die definitely makes the image bolder and easier to see, but after adding ribbon and tags to dress it up, it will still look great on a gift!  Hard to see in this first photo, but I sprayed silver Glimmer Mist  all over the ornament and IRL it really sparkles.  Here's a better shot to see some of the sparkle:


Check out Danielle's great video and beautiful tags all right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday.  (I get to go see my new granddaughter again today...yeah for me!!!  Really, being a grandma is just the best!)

10 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Love the added sparkle, and ribbon tie is perfect, in fact the tag is perfect. Enjoy your day with grand baby!

Danielle Flanders said...

Turned out wonderful! Thanks for giving it a try!
Danielle

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the whole finished tag - glittery & fun :)

Marilyn M said...

The sparkle is so pretty. Love it!

Bonnie said...

Oooo so pretty and I love the dangly snowflake - wasn't this another wonderful MIM?!!

Renee said...

I think it turned out great...
and what a fun tag for a gift...
even more fun when you tell the recipients what it's made of! :)

Colleen said...

Terrific tag, Marcia...this is going to look fabulous on a gift at Christmas!...maybe "baby's first Christmas gift...or better yet, maybe you should make a "baby's first Christmas tag" with this technique! It sure is unique!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, this is a beautiful gift all by itself! Love the shimmer and all the little embellies you added to this ornament :-)

Manuela said...

beautiful tag, love the shiny snowflake on it.

StephH said...

Very pretty Marcia! I can see your addition of the Glimmer Mist and how much interest it adds to your tag! Your own version of Sparkle and Shine!