Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Make it Monday #179 - Emboss Resist Using Diecuts

Good morning friends.  Rainy day here in my neck of the woods, so perfect for playing along with this weeks Make it Monday where Laura shows us how to use our coverplates (and dies) and the emboss resist technique.  I only have one coverplate die (good thing I really love it!!), so my starting point was the chevron design, with clear embossing powder and Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, & Berry Sorbet inks.



Even though it was a beautifully sunny day yesterday when I took my photos, I'm bummed that I couldn't capture all the glossy goodness on the white chevrons, the flower and leaves ("Friendly Flowers") and my sentiment ("Wonderful Words: Hello").  I used clear embossing powder on all of it, and IRL the card is really shiny!  I know my youngest who is away at college will really enjoy receiving this card and adding it to her collection (she's doing the same thing this year as last year, where she tacks up all my cards by her desk so she can always see them!  That makes me feel so good that she does that!! :0) 

There's still time to check out Laura's video and 2 great cards, so why not play along?!  You can find all the info right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday! :0)

8 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is stunning! I love the color palette and the design. It is truly a work of art!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful card Marcia, I love the joyful image and totally gorgeous background.

Diana K said...

Love how you inked the background and the design is totally fabulous! Love this.

Donna Cala said...

Love your card and the wonderful color palette.

Jenelle said...

Very pretty! I love the color combination you used. I just used the same colors to make my sister in law's birthday invitations.

Unknown said...

This is so very pretty! Your inking is just so subtle and gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful,Marcia! Love the softer background and beautiful flowers!

Joyously Noelle said...

Very sweet card and beautiful soft background!