Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Make it Monday #182 - Mason Jar Stamping

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge, where Melissa Phillips shows us a video on how to paint and stamp on Mason jars.  I knew right away I wanted to make my jar like candy corn (one of my favorite fall treats!!), but I see Bonnie Sharp beat me to it!  Oh well, great minds think alike, right?!! :0)  And mine's different enough that there's room for 2 of the jars in the challenge! :0) 


The painting and sanding of my jar worked great, but I did struggle with the embossing.  I used a gold sparkle embossing powder, thinking it would show up brighter.  NOT!!  And for whatever reason, on the white part it hardly showed up at all!  (I used one of the smaller dots in "Polka Dot Basics".)  My tags are from the "Halloween Treats & Sweets" set, and the ribbons, tulle, and burlap are all from my stash drawer.  Now all I need to do is fill the jar...I love mixing candy corn and peanuts together!  (tastes just like a Payday Bar...yummmmm!)

Head on over to Nichole's blog to see Melissa's video and cute pumpkin jar.  You can find all the info to play along right here .

Thanks for stopping by...love it when you do! :0)

11 comments:

Sue said...

Cool! It looks really neat. I just love it!

Kara said...

love that you painted it like candy corn!!

Birgit said...

So cute! I love the candy corn idea and I especially like the blend of yummies you're planning on putting in your fun and festive jar.

Marybeth said...

Adorable Marcia! Love the candy corn colors you chose. Your tags and bows look great!

Nancy Penir said...

Candy Corn jar! Too clever. And your 'recipe' sounds yummy! Must try it!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your Candy Corn jar! I think your orange is so much more...well...orange! This was a fun challenge for sure!

Manuela said...

Cute glass, great fun project :-)

Tara said...

very cute! Love all the ribbon!

BethieJ said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!
Love your take on MIM!!
Have a GREAT day!

Sadie said...

What a great "candy corn" jar! Very cute idea! Good to know to eat those candy with peanuts, yum.

Kim Heggins said...

First, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. Second, oh my goodness! Your jar is simply amazing and I love your candy corn look, my favorite candy is candy corn, so so yummy just like your jar.