Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Merry Monday #125 - Use Transportation

Hello friends.  The challenge at Merry Monday this week is to use some form of transportation on your Christmas card, so I really did "challenge" myself and finally used PTI's "City Scene" stamp set.  I've had this set for awhile, and have even played around with it on scrap paper, but always end up putting it away because I couldn't get things lined up the way I liked!  I played quite awhile last night, but finally came up with a card that didn't look too bad and that I liked!  Take a look:


I've always loved the colors pink, black, and white together, so that's where this card started, and I have to admit I love the whimsical look of the pink trees on the cars! :0)  The silver embossed trees don't show up as well as I couldn't find my silver embossing powder (until after I finished the card of course...grrrrrr!!) and ended up using a silver & white mixture embossing powder.  If you click to enlarge the picture, it will show up a little bit better.  And of course I had to add Santa and his sleigh and reindeer as another form of transportation besides the cars...and you've got to love the pink moon silhouetting Santa, right?! :0)

  

There's still a lot of time to play with this challenge, and you can find all the info and great cards right here . 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a terrific Tuesday! :0)

9 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

What an unexpected color combo. So pretty and modern looking.

Sue said...

I love this card! I've had this set on my wishlist for awhile and between you and Kristie Goulet, I will be ordering this set very soon! This card is just beautiful!!! LOVE IT!

Irish Cherokee said...

Great creative thinking Marcia. Great card. - Jim

GeminiJen said...

Love love love the color theme you used.
Great card.

Kristie Goulet said...

Your card looks great! Love the colors! Great job using this set. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Wendy Coffman said...

I love it, so soft, yet modern and cool. Fab!

Linda said...

What a great card ..... love the colours! xx

Unknown said...

I like you city Christmas scene.Joyce Johnson

Karren said...

This color combo is fantastic! Love this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.