Thursday, September 18, 2014

Make it Monday #180 - Paper Weaving

Good morning friends.  New windows are in and I'm finally back in my crafting room!  It was only 2 days, but it seemed like forever!  And it is SO nice to actually be able to see out of my windows again!  All the seals had broken on our windows (29 years old), so for the last 10 -15 years all our windows had that cloudy look...but I can see clearly now, so between that and being in my craft room, I am a happy girl today! :0)

This weeks Make it Monday video with Ashley Cannon Newell is all about paper weaving, and it brought back memories of one of my early elementary school years of weaving pink, red, and white placemats for our Valentine's Day party...isn't it crazy how something you haven't thought of in decades can come back to you when something like this weeks challenge is shown?!! :0)  Anyways, my new "Haunted Borders" stamp set and "Text Block: Halloween" die (both PTI) have been calling my name, so this is what I came up with:

 
I paper weaved strips of DSP from the Bitty Dot Basics and the "Haunted Borders" that I stamped in Orange Zest, Winter Wisteria, & Simply Chartreuse inks.  I layered this to a black panel, and then onto a Wisteria Wonder cs base.  I die cut the text block from a shimmery black cs and then used some foam tape to give it a little more dimension.  Next I wove some orange and white bakers twine around and through the text block and then die cut a spider (PTI) and attached it to the bakers twine.


After I finished, I went to open the card and found I had gotten so into weaving the bakers twine around the card that I had woven the twine right around to the backside, and now it won't open!  Kind of funny, but now I have to figure how to fix it!  Oh well, some days are like that!  Remember to click on the photos to enlarge them and you'll get a much better view of the details.

There's still time to play along with this challenge, so make sure you check out Ashley's video (and cute, cute photo of her little girl Lauren!!) and all the other cards right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Thursday!! :0)

8 comments:

Joyously Noelle said...

Wonderfully spooky & cute card!

Jenelle said...

Awesome card! I love that you did a full background with the paper weaving.

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, just checked twitter and saw you got a shout out, and had to come to your blog to say this is so adorably well done, love it! The weave of spooky paper, the wonderful added twine, even the spider! Wait, I love the colors too! So CASing this one for the grandkids!

Helen F. said...

Such a great Halloween card, congrats on your shout out from PTI on FB. Super job on the paper weave and spider web twine ;-)

Sue said...

Sweet! You got a shout out on PTI's FB page! Love this card!!

Nora Noll said...

How totally fun is this? I LOVE how you not only wove the paper background but the twine you used for the spider web. Totally adorable!!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome card Marcia. So Halloweenie! Thanks for stopping by my blog, you always leave such sweet comments...

Manuela said...

cute card :-)