Friday, September 5, 2014

Merry Monday #124 - Presents/Gifts

Hello friends.  Feels like forever since I've been on my blog, even though it's only been a few days!  A busy couple of days though, as I'm happy to tell the world that I am finally a GRANDMA!  Our granddaughter Adelaide Grace (Addy) made her appearance a week early on Tuesday, and is absolutely beautiful!  Her mom and dad are just thrilled and everyone is doing fine. I will do better with pictures tomorrow when we go to visit, but here is one to tide you over! :0)


And what a perfect challenge this week at Merry Monday, as we are to use a gift for our card, and I feel like I've been given the best gift of all!  Most of my stamps with gifts/presents on them are of animals holding a gift, and those just didn't fit my mood today, so I made my card into a gift instead.  Take a look:



This card came together very quickly (don't ya love it when that happens?!!!) and I really like how elegant it looks!  I used a SU! (Sizzix) embossing folder on a piece of gold cs, and then wrapped "Milk Chocolate" seam binding ribbon (The Craft Spot) around it like I was wrapping a gift.  I added a tag made from "Peaceful Pinecones" and "Fillable Frames - #9" (PTI), and also added a few rainstones.  Again, very quick and simple, but I really love how it turned out! :0)


There's still some time to play along, so check out all the other cards and info over at the Merry Monday site right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonder weekend...I know I will! :0)

6 comments:

OH Babs said...

First of all congrats on being a grandmother. I have four and the two boys are coming shortly for two nights. We might make Christmas cards for hospitalized children and make Puppy Chow (rice chex and nutella). Your card is simply elegant.

Linda said...

Beautiful card ... love the embossing! And a beautiful grand-daughter too. Congratulations! ...... being a Grandma is the BEST job ever!! Linda xx

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Congrats on being a Grammy, isn't it wonderful! Great card for this week's challenge! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Bonnie said...

What a beautifully elegant gift, Marcia! And didn't you get the best gift of all! And she's a beauty! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your package and your granddaughter with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so pretty Marcia. Congrats on your new little treasure, Gramma. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Jessi Fogan said...

EEEEEK! What an adorable little treasure that sweet baby is! I came via Merry Monday to comment on your card (which is gorgeous) but I am all baby-besotted now :) Huge congratulations!!