Friday, September 12, 2014

NBUS #2

Good morning friends.  I'm playing along with the fabulously fun and funny Darnell Knauss and her 2nd NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge.  I may have mentioned this before, but Darnell could hold these challenges for the next 50 or so years and I would have enough unused rubber to play in every challenge.  Yes, it is a disease, and NO, I'm not interested in being cured!  With that being said, the background stamp that I am using for my card today is one that I can't even remember how long ago or where, I even bought it from!  I do know that I have looked at it many times and then always put it back for "another time" because I just didn't know what to do with it!  You'll understand when you see how busy it is!!  Take a look:


Click on the picture so you can see even closer what all those Santa faces look like.  I should have taken a picture of the actual stamp for you, as it's one of those that has the colored picture on the back of the stamp so you can see how to color it...it's all red, white, and flesh (for the faces) colored.  The size too has always thrown me...it's only 4 1/2 x 3 3/8, so not big enough to cover an entire background (A2 size).  But anyway, I was agonizing over this stamp waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo much, and decided to just keep it simple and stamp it in black, and then yes, just leave it be and make something else the focal point.  And what better than the Flourishes Santa stamp?!!  I stamped him in Smokey Slate ink and then matted everything in Real Red cs.  I added a little red/white bakers twine and some rainstones to finish the card, and actually really like how it turned out! :0)  And if you're wondering, the manufacturer of the background stamp is Brother Sister Design Studio and the name of the stamp is called "Santas Everywhere!".

You have until Thursday, September 25 to play along with Darnell's NBUS Challenge #2, and you can find all the info and laughs on Darnell's blog right here .

And no, I'm not going to include any pictures today of my beautiful new granddaughter, because as you so graciously pointed out before Darnell, she does steal the show when compared to my cards/tags! :0)  (It's ok, cause I'm too head over heals in love with her to care anyway!!!)  Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

 Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

5 comments:

Colleen said...

You totally pulled it off, Marcia! Now I suspect we will be seeing more of that background because you have conquered "what to do with this"!! And I especially love that you kept everything black except the pops of red...and the Believe in red is stunning!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This holiday card is awesome.

Darnell said...

You figured it out perfectly, Marcia! It is a cute background and I can see your dilemma with using it before the lightbulb went off. Actually, it's really a cute design, but it reminds me of a jigsaw puzzle picture. I can loan you my puzzle die if you want! I do have to say that you choose the perfect sediment to go with Santa Baby!!

Speaking of babies, I'm glad you agree that your sweet grandpea does steal the show! Please feel free to email me baby photos separately!! Thank you so much promoting and playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

This card is beautiful. I don't think I would want to color all those Santas! I love to see pics of Addy! She is so precious.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really cute card! I know what you about the NBUS...I don't think that I could ever run out either!