Wednesday, January 8, 2020

CAS Christmas & CAS Stencil Jan. 2020

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with both the CAS Christmas Challenge and the CAS Stencil Challenge today and even have a Twofer for you today!  They are looking for a TAG on your card at CAS Christmas and CAS Stencil wants you to use a NEW (to you) stencil on your card.  Well I have a tag on both cards and my stencil just arrived in the mail on Monday, so I think that qualifies as NEW!!

Here's my first card:


I used my stencil first (SugarPea Designs - Geo Snowflake) with a few different Gina K inks and blender brush and had enough to cut out 2 tags (hence two cards!).  Next I totally CASE'd Bonnie Klass by dry embossing the background of my card with SU!'s Winter Wonder snowflake folder and then added my stenciled tag on top of the embossed snowflake.  I blinged it up even a bit more by adding a die cut snowflake from PTI's Silver White Winters to the top of the tag.  Here's a closer up:


That silver glitter paper really sparkles, doesn't it?!  I added some seam binding ribbon that I dyed to match along with some silver cording, a few clear gems, and my sentiment from Gina K's Festive Flower.

My 2nd card is VERY similar, except that I used a busier embossing folder (from Darice) and it just didn't seem as CAS to me as the first one.


Besides the embossing folder, there's a few other differences in this card, but it's still basically the same.  I used a different die cut shape for the tag (SugarPea Designs Santa Tag) and used a larger snowflake die from PTI's Silver White Winters along with silver mirror cardstock.


I switched up my sentiment too by embossing on a black banner using SSS's Tiny Words: Christmas.  I really like how both turned out and am excited to have 2 more cards to add to my Christmas stash for this next Christmas!

You can play along with the CAS Christmas Challenge and the CAS Stencil Challenge till the 24th of this month, so check out all the fabulous inspiration from both teams and play along!


 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


21 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, I love that single snowflake EF card with the tag. I agree I'm leaning to the more CAS card although both are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are so pretty and I love how you stenciled the tags, Marcia! Beautiful die cut snowflakes, too! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Stencil!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, the colors are so fabulously winter. Love the intensity of the blues.

Colleen said...

You are on a roll with your Christmas cards! I don't want to put my Christmas stamps away...so I might just do like you did and keep making more and more! These are both so darling I sure love that snowflake from SU! It makes a great image, I noticed it on Bonnie's card too! Fabulous my friend! Heart Hugs, Col

Bonnie said...

What a great stencil, Marcia! So perfect for snowflake cards and I love the colors you've chosen! I love it both ways! Fantastic twofer, my friend!

Darnell said...

I adore them both, Marcia! They both are schparkly and festive with lots of lovely embossed white! Just gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

I think they're both CAS Marcia! In fact, they're both crisp and pretty, just like the snowfall we had this morning!

nancy littrell said...

Two gorgeous cards Marcia using your stenciled tags and dry embossing. I love your color for your tags and embellishiments. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the tags you created and the snowflake embossing on both cards. TFS

Bobby said...

Silver and blue are lovely together, Marcia. The single embossed snowflake is so elegant and I'm impressed with your 'died to match' ribbon. I used to do that but ran out of seam binding a long time ago. I actually went looking in my sewing stash for some or some twill but I either used it all or gave it away. I think I'd better rectify that. So my tag for the challenge is ribbon-less.

Anita in France said...

Gosh, these are both so beautiful, Marcia ... and both so deliciously clean, crisp and texture-y! The frosty colour palette is gorgeous ... and is perfectly complemented by all the wonderful shimmer and shine! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Both tag cards are fantastic, Marcia! It's amazing how different the background with lots of snowflakes looks so much different than the one large snowflake. I love your gorgeous new snowflake stencil and the colours you've used to blend over top. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning!! Both designs are gorgeous and I love the colour of the tags!

Lynne said...

Two gorgeous cards. I love your new stencil

Danni Reid said...

These are gorgeous, love the colors and that beautiful stencil work!

Susan said...

Both versions are beautiful but my favourite is the first one - love the snowflake tag layered over the larger die cut snowflake.

Cathy said...

2 beautiful cards, the stencilling is perfect with the snowflake embossing and diecuts. Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

Linda said...

Your cards are so stunning Marcia. I love the colors and all of the texture. Well done, my friend.

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful snowflake tag cards Marcia! love the blue on the tags and the wonderful texture added with the embossed snowflakes behind the tags! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tag cards, Marcia! Just love all the embossing and stenciling! Especially love the pop of that rich red sentiment!!

Trina P. said...

Both are beautiful, Marcia. Love the colours and all that texture and dimensions. I have that Geo Snowflake stencil and have yet to use it. And I do love that Winter Wonder EF... something to add to my wish list. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.