Friday, January 24, 2020

MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge 473

Hello friends.  Playing along with MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge #473 today...


Thought this sketch was perfect for my new (to me...it's actually from The Vault!) stamp Adventure Is Calling from the Pure Innocence line.  I don't usually send out cards to someone going on a trip or new adventure, but it was her sweet hat that kept calling out to me and I just had to have her!


I used the sketch layout to make it look like she's on a BIG boat and is ready to set sail for her big adventure!


I colored her with Copics except for her suitcase which I paper pieced to be reminiscent of older days.  Behind the porthole window I used MFT's Cloud MIX-ABLES STENCIL with some Salty Ocean Distress Ink and a blender brush to mimic what she might see looking out her window at sea.

This challenge is open for a few more days yet, so check it out right HERE and play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

She is a doll, Marcia! I love that ship port hole you gave her. Gosh, I'm jealous of a stamp image going on a trip in the sunshine, yikes! Guess I miss the sun here.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, so cute!

I Card Everyone said...

It's her saddle shoes, and cool suitcase that have turned my head today, Marcia! A darling girl, and fabulous card!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness is she ever sweet! This is an adorable card Marcia. You could always imagine that her suitcase is full of stamping goodies...like when you get together with Michele!!

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, she is as sweet as can be Marcia! I agree with Lisa, that her suitcase is just filled to the brim with stamps for your next big stamping adventure. <3

Bonnie said...

Love the fair weather clouds in the background, Marcia, but this little darling steals the show! Adorable, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

Adorable scene making and yes she sure looks like she is ready for an adventure on her big boat x.

Loll said...

Adorable! I can see why you had to have her, Marcia! So sweet with her hat and her luggage. Perfect design with the porthole. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Eeek! I just love this!! She looks beautiful and I LOVE that you created such a wonderful scene with the porthole. I'm swooning!

Karen Dunbrook said...

This card is so super cute!! love the woodgrain, the colour, layout, so well done
xx Karen

Bobby said...

That porthole worked perfectly for the sketch, Marcia, and the little girl is darling.

Anita in France said...

So very sweet, Marcia ... and beautifully coloured ... love the 'old' ship this little cutie is sailing off on ... adventure indeed, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)