Monday, February 8, 2021

Inspired By #160 - Krafty Love

Hello friends.  Nothing like joining in at the last minute, but I really did like the inspiration photo for this past weeks Inspired By Challenge!  


Aren't those just the sweetest little hearts?!  I would love to have a drawer full of these as sachet's, or maybe even a few hanging in my craft room!  I was totally inspired by the hearts, the colors (kraft and light pinks), and the lace and ribbons, and came up with this card inspired by the photo:


 I started with a kraft base, then added a light pink panel and an embossed (SU!) white layer, before adding two hearts that I die cut using kraft (embossed with SU!'s Tasteful Textile) and DSP that I've had FOREVER and have no idea who makes it!  I added some cream colored lace to the larger heart and a skinny piece of light pink seam binding ribbon to the smaller heart.  I stamped a strip with the sentiment from The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks stamp set and then finished with a couple clear gems.  One of the ladies in my bible study is a real vintage loving gal, and I think she will love receiving this for Valentine's Day!

This challenge closes shortly, so not much time left to play, but it's still worth the time to check out all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and those in the gallery already, and you can find it all right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Viv said...

This is so beautiful Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia! So pretty, feminine, and PERFECTLY perfect!
Thanks so much for playing cards with us at IB this week! and I'm SO looking forward to playing again on Friday!!!
=]

Bonnie said...

Perfect for this photo inspiration, Marcia! I love your embossed hearts and that pretty paper!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, those hearts are just dreamy! This is so pretty, Marcia and your friend is going to treasure it. Thanks for playing along at IB!

Colleen said...

Your card is amazing, so much thought went into each little bit of it and the texture is awesome. Such a wonderful wonderful card my friend!

Darnell said...

You dropped the mic with this winning take on that pretty challenge photo, Marcia! Every.single.detail and bit of texture is thoughtful and brilliant! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, this is fabulous! I love the texture you added to the kraft part of the hearts and that dp is sweet! Your friend will love your beautiful vintage creation. I think you need to do more of this style. You killed it!

Charlene said...

oooooooh. I love your little hearts!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous take on the challenge Marcia. Love that you added Lacey bits.

Loll said...

So pretty!!! Love these two hearts Marcia. Gorgeous patterned paper and looks amazing with the kraft and white. And I love how you've switched the design on the hearts so they match, but they don't. :) Gorgeous texture with this card. Great work, my friend! xx

Danni Reid said...

Oh my, gorgeous hearts and gorgeous card! I love your design and the femininity with every last detail! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

Kate said...

O wow that is sooo pretty! The lace, the ribbon, the texture.... so many beautiful details!