Sunday, February 7, 2021

It's All About the HEARTS

Hello friends.  Playing along with a couple challenges today that are celebrating Valentine's Day!  Color Hues Challenge is looking for Red & Pink and the Double D Challenge is all about VALENTINE LOVE.

I had fun creating this CAS card using some new products from The Greetery and came up with this:



I started by lightly blending some Spun Sugar Distress Ink onto my background, and then did a light splattering of Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I layered with a panel of Real Red cs and adhered both to a top folding white card base.  Next I added 3 pieces of "shiplap" using The Greetery's Shiplap Builder Dies, so I would have a grounded space to add my heart.  The heart was stamped with CP's It's A Girl and Rocket Red inks, using The Greetery's Mini Boxwood Heart stamp and die set, and then pop dotted to the shiplap.

I finished by adding the die cut "love" (The Greetery - Let's Have a Word: Love Die) in black so it would stand out, and then also added a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K) to finish off this simple card.



   

Lots of awesome inspiration from the DT's at both challenges, so check the Color Hues Challenge and the Double D Challenge to play along and see some amazing cards!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Ah... This makes me sigh... soft pretty and very romantic.

Diane said...

This is really beautiful and I have had my eye on this set myself, you have certainly shown it well! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

oh wow this is beautiful Marcia! LOVE how you used just 3 of the shiplap panels ... I wouldn't have thought to do that (will now! LOL). Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, you rocked the inspiration of both challenges!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the delicate heart and how you grounded it with the shiplap dies.

Bonnie said...

What a pretty heart, Marcia! Love the splattered background and the shiplap! The die cut love is so elegant and pretty stretched across the heart! Awesome card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a very pretty little wreath! This is perfectly charming, Marcia!

Loll said...

Fabulous Valentine's Day card Marcia! I know how much you love pink and red together, so this challenge was meant for you. :) The heart is gorgeous and it looks so lovely over the shiplap background. xx

I Card Everyone said...

So.... loveable! All the perfect components for the sweetest of Valentine's, Marcia! That shiplap die looks fabulous!
=]

Karen said...

Marcia, I love the way you combined these wonderful products. Those shiplap dies are such a great background for the red and pink wreath, and that sentiment (still on my desk unused) is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is Super Duper pretty, Marcia! I love the pink and red wreath over those shiplap pieces! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

Birgit said...

How did this card slip by me?? This heart shaped wreath stamped in pin and red is super cute and such a clever take on the mood board!! I love it!! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you Marcia!