Thursday, February 18, 2021

CAS Mix Up - Stencil Embossing

Hello friends.  Playing along with the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge today, where this month they are looking for cards that are embossed through stencils.


I used a Funky Fossil Designs stencil and came up with this:


I used Distress Oxide inks through my stencil first, and am in LOVE with the color combination that I learned about from Loll using Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves...I mean who knew those 2 colors would look SO good together?!!  I'd tell you the color green I used for the stems and leaves, but I just used a sponge dauber that already had green ink on it and blended through the stencil.  Once my ink was dry, I re-positioned my clean stencil and added Versamark through it, (just over the flowers, and NOT the stems and leaves) removed the stencil, and then added clear embossing powder.  After heating the embossing powder and while it was still hot, I added more clear embossing powder and heat set it again to give a nice thick clear coating.  


 Here's a close up so you can see the clear embossing better.  I used a stitched rectangle die to die cut my panel and then adhered a thin black layer before attaching to a white card base.  My sentiment comes from Gina K's Autumn Silhouettes and was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink.

Lots of BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT that you can check out right HERE and then play along...this challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

A stunner my friend... Absolutely beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

What a gorgeous stencil, Marcia! LOve that pink to purple combo, so thanks for sharing it with us all!
=]

Bonnie said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS, Marcia! The embossing adds so texture and shine to this pretty design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASM Mix Up!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! LOVE the colours :) ... and the beautiful stenciled flowers. This has been a fun challenge. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful colors, this is a pretty CAS card!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous double heat embossed blooms on your pretty stenciled flowers, Marcia. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Julia Aston said...

Your flowers are so pretty with the two tones Marcia - a beautiful clear embossed shine on this!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So perfectly stencilled and the embossing makes it extra special! I hope you are staying well:)

Cat Craig said...

Fabulously done!

Linda said...

This is beautiful Marcia, such a pretty stencil. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!