Sunday, February 21, 2021

The Flower Challenge #53 and Color Hues #12

Hello friends.  Playing along with a couple challenges today...The Flower Challenge and also Color Hues.



I have been so hooked on Pinkfresh Studios stencil layering sets and now they've come out with coordinating stamp sets to match the stencils too, so of course I had to invest in one of the bundles to try them out, and I chose the Infinite Blooms stamp, stencil, and die set.  Here's what I came up with using Color Hues color combination of PEACH & GREEN:


I started with a white card base and added a die cut panel using Pinkfresh Studios Diagonal Stitched Plaid Cover Plate die and sponged around the edges with Peach Bellini ink (Gina K) to add some definition to the layer.  Next I stenciled using the Infinite Blooms 5 piece stencil layering set with Peach Bellini, Coral Reef, Grass Green, & Fresh Asparagus inks (all Gina K).  I used the coordinating Infinite Blooms stamp set to outline the whole floral image with Versafine Black Onyx ink and then die cut the image out.  I added foam dots to the back to raise it up off the cover plate layer and add dimension.


 A closer up view so you can see some of the detail better.  I added some Distress Glitter and WOS to some of the flowers for a little sparkle and then added a sentiment strip embossed in white from Pinkfresh Studios Modern Layered Florals stamp set.  A few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K) finished off my card.

Lots of beautiful inspiration from both DT's that you can check out HERE and HERE and then play along.  SO much fun to create colorful floral cards when there's so much snow and COLD outside!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




14 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! First, love the texture of the background. What a lovely subtle design and adds something special. Your layered stencils and stamped flower spray is beautiful. Wonderful colours and fabulous shading to give the flowers lots of visual dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge! xx

Bonnie said...

These layering stencils are fascinating to me, Marcia! Love the lovely layers of this beautiful bouquet and the embossed background! A fabulous card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty flowers, Marcia! I like what the textured background and touch of glitz adds to your design. Wonderful card!

I Card Everyone said...

You stay in out of the cold so beautifully, Marcia! Can't wait to get my hands on that cover plate, and have play time with this gorgeous PFS set! Come on Spring!
So gorgeous!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Great investment with the stamps to match the layering stencils Marcia. I must take a closer look at this company.....Thank you for the inspiration x. Such a beautiful card, starting with the gorgeous cover plate through to the beautiful flowers x.

Nancy said...

Marcia, What pretty flowers and background! I like the added glitz on your flowers and the dark sentiment really pops! Wonderful card for our colors over at Color Hues...thanks for joining us and stay warm!

Karen said...

It's always a pleasure to see you in the gallery! The bundle certainly proved to be a winner---it's a gorgeous floral, and I love the background you chose. Thanks for joining us again at Color Hues!

Colleen said...

This is just stunning, Marcia, I have been told to STOP buying products from a certain friend (because my birthday is coming up) and let me tell you, it is so hard to resist buying all these stencil sets because I know they will be OOS soon! *wink

Cat Craig said...

wonderful use of those colors, Marsha. Love the coverplate and all your extra touches.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's beautiful Marcia... Your cards always wow me and they are always so professional. Have a beautiful day

Julie B said...

I agree with Loll, the background, although subtle, really adds to the look of the pretty spray of flowers. So pleased to see you in the gallery at Color Hues again. :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love the pretty bouquet and texture in the background.

Cindy Beach said...

I hope the snow and cold is on its way out where you are, Marcia! I love everything about this beautiful card. What I love best is thinking how much fun you were having creating it, as that came through in your post. It is frame-worthy, that's for sure!

ani321india said...

The designs are very awesome. I liked the 2nd one very much.
The designs explain you have a creative mind.

online reviews