Monday, May 17, 2021

Christmas Kickstart #50 - Santa and Friends

Hello friends.  I'm building up my Christmas card stash and playing along with Jo and her guest elf Bonnie over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where this month they are looking for SANTA & FRIENDS.


I feel like I'm cheating a little bit by using the same stamp set that Bonnie used, but I am using a different image from that set, so hopefully it still counts!!


There are SO many great images in MFT's Christmas sELFies stamp set, and I chose the one with Santa and Comet...or is it Donner, or maybe Blitzen??  I just know it's NOT Rudolph!!  Haha!!  I colored up the image with my Copics, and then used the die that looks like a Polaroid Picture to die cut my image.  I stamped my sentiment at the bottom and then layered it onto a piece of black cardstock, and layered that onto a piece of white cardstock that I embossed using an older Cuttlebug EF, before finally adhering it all to a top folding white note card.


 This challenge is open till the end of the month, so it's a great way to get ahead on making those Christmas cards this year!  You can check out the inspiration and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

A fun card Marcia and love how the cute image fits into the polaroid die cut. The dry embossing adds lovely dimension too x. Looking forward to seeing another card with a 'red' nose then we'll know exactly who it is....Lol x.

Dotty Jo said...

This is such fun, Marcia! I wish I had this set myself. Love the embossing, which actually means you could link up at Let's Squash It! too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart - great to have you here again, Jo x

Birgit said...

This is so cute Marcia! The polka dotted background and that selfie is so fun. Too cute!!

Bonnie said...

Great minds and all that, my friend! I love how you've colored this image and the Polaroid die cut with the cute bow! I love seeing this in the gallery at Christmas Kickstart!

Susan said...

A great variation on Bonnie's card, Marcia! The image is perfect for the Santa and Friends challenge as Santa really does look like he's friends with Rudolph! Great layout, colouring, and background.

Lisa Elton said...

Anything with this set always makes me smile... add polka dots, even better! Cute card, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

So cute and festive, Marcia. Lovely coloring.

I Card Everyone said...

I love this dynamic duo, Marcia - you and Bonnie have reminded me that these two have not seen enough ink 'round here! Perfect dots, and framing - yep, tie a bow on it, it's perfection!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the Santa Polaroid, Marcia! Perfect with the big dot embossing!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a fun card and beautifully coloured my friend

Loll said...

So fun Marcia! Such a great picture of Santa and one of the reindeer. :) Love the big dotty frame! xx

Anita in France said...

So cute and so fun, Marcia ... fabulous colouring ... and what a brilliant 'snowball' textured background! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

So cute, Marcia. I think Santa likes having his picture taken. But who's holding the camera? Great coloring and design.