Wednesday, May 12, 2021

CAS Mix Up May 2021 - Rainbow Ink Blending w/ Stencils

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the gals over at CAS Mix Up where they are looking for Rainbow Ink Blending w/ Stencils.


I love stencils and I love rainbow ink colors, so this sounded like a great challenge to me!  I was a little concerned though about how to keep my card CAS with all the rainbow color AND a stencil.  Once I got started playing though, I couldn't stop, so I have 3 cards to share with you today.  Here's what my panels looked like after stenciling and before I cut them up for my cards...


Aren't all the colors so pretty all together?!  I used 3 different Gina K stencils and all Gina K inks for all 3 of my cards.


This first card ended up being my favorite, using the Fizzy Stencil and SSS's Butterfly Drift Die.  The sentiment was a freebie from a Taylored Expressions order.


My 2nd card uses the Festive Stencil and a PB die called Bashful that I die cut 3 times and glued together for some extra dimension.  


My last card isn't as CAS as the other two, but I still like how it turned out!  This one uses the Harvest Flourish Stencil and I used a Pinkfresh Studios Diagonal Stitched Circles Die to cut out the larger circle in plain white and the stenciled piece on the smaller circle.  Next I added SSS's Birthday Circle Die cut out in Turquoise Sea cardstock over the stenciled layer, and then added the die cut cupcake to the center.  For the frosting I ink blended lightly some pink before adding some Distress Glitter over the top of that.  The cupcake was pop dotted so it wasn't sitting flat on my stenciled piece.  At this point a plain white card base seemed to plain, so I added a layer that I embossed using an old Cuttlebug EF.  It is a little busy, but I still like it!!

Lots of BEAUTIFUL examples of Rainbow Ink Blending through stencils from the DT, so check it out HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 24th.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Marcia! Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I can see at a glance how much fun you had creating with your rainbow of inks, and pretty stencils, Marcia! Bashful - had to be my favorite, but you brought me right back to my childhood with Fizzies! All three a treat, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

An awesome job of rainbow inking through a stencil, Marcia! Love those bright colors and how the open butterflies look on it! The bashful daisy adds elegance to the stenciled background and the cupcake card is so festive and fun! Three awesome cards, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bobby said...

Such a happy bunch of ink blended panels, Marcia. You did a great job turning them into CAS cards.

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, these are fantastic, Marcia! I love your stencils and how you used your rainbow colors. Eye candy, for sure! Your cards are such fun! I'm so happy you played with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards Marcia. That whole rainbow thing looks a mess when I do it and yours are gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

The rainbow panels you created are fantastic! Almost too pretty to use but I'm glad you did. Your cards are lovely!

Susan said...

As soon as I saw your first photo of the three backgrounds, I fell in love with them - they are so beautiful. I'd hate to cut them up! But you made three gorgeous cards with them. I'm inspired now to make a card for the challenge!

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, these are incredible! First of all, I love how colorful each stenciled panel came out, but then how you turned them into CAS cards is impressive. As you know I struggle with CAS. Your cards always inspire me. I tried to pick a favorite, but I can't. They're all equally stunning!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Marcia..Three Gorgeous stencil rainbow colored backgrounds:-) TFS the uncut backgrounds and your 3 finished cards. I am a tiny bit partial to your 2nd CAS design with the white die cut flower, but really..loved all the three cards. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Your rainbow inking backgrounds are so pretty Marcia! What fun you had! All three cards are beautiful and fun. I like your idea of making rainbows out of several stencils ... need to have a fun play day and make some for my stash! xx

Mac Mable said...

Your rainbow ink blending looks amazing Marcia and what fabulous and beautiful cards x.

Ros Crawford said...

They are all amazing! I particularly love the second one.

Susan Joyce said...

Great work with the rainbow ink blending your three backgrounds are awesome. The three cards are equally as beautiful. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.