Monday, May 3, 2021

CAS Christmas May 2021 - Foliage and Berries

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at CAS Christmas and our hostess Christine would like to see FOLIAGE AND BERRIES on your Christmas cards this month.


I used a set from The Greetery called Budding Beauties Winter that I had bought back in 2019 and then never used...shame on me!  Take a look at what I came up with...


I used the Holly image and stamped and die cut it 3 times, and then also stamped the watering can that is also from The Greetery (Sprinkled With kindness), die cut it, and then added the holly branches to the can.  


I added dimensionals behind the watering can and adhered to a panel that I embossed first with SU!'s Subtle embossing folder.  The embossed panel and the black panel were both die cut with Gina K's Master Layouts 2 dies.  After attaching all the layers to a top folding white card base, I finished my card simply with a little red heart tag from PTI's Tiny Tags set (the "very merry" is also from the Tiny Tags set).

Can't believe I waited SOOOOO LOOOOONG to use this stamp set, but better late than never, right Darnell?!!  (Yes, I'll be adding this card over at Darnell's NBUS Challenge too!)  

We're looking forward to seeing our gallery filled with all your greens and berries (and remember that berries don't always necessarily need to be red!!) this month!  Check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration we have for you from the DT and our Special GD Robyn this month right HERE, and then play along with us to get a head start on those Christmas cards!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



21 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, Marcia! Gorgeous stamping and I love the little additions you've made, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

I commend you for getting it so beautifully inky today, my friend! I'll bet it won't be long before we see them again - so gorgeous in this darling watering can!
=]

Linda said...

Marcia, I love all that you create with The Greetery stamp sets. I have yet to purchase any of them because they all have so many little pieces and I am not good putting them all together. Everyone always makes such pretty cards with them. Gorgeous, my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

Good for you to blow the dust off of that set and ink it up! I love everything tucked into the watering can and the tiny tag (they're the sweetest!). Beautiful card, Marcia!

Julia Aston said...

Your holly looks wonderful in the lovely watering can Marcia (I have the can and have never used it! and every time I see it used, I wonder just what I'm waiting for to get it out?!!) A beautiful design for the challenge!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so lovely, Marcia! I love how you arranged the Holly branches in the cute watering can, and that you added the organic subtle texture to the background.
The little heart tag is a cherry on top!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

your watering can is the perfect pot to hold your Christmas Greenery :) Love the card ♥

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the watering can and the sprays of foliage. The little red sentiment heart is a great way to add the sentiment.

Ros Crawford said...

I can't believe you didn't use this set before either... It's STUNNING!! I love that watering can, Love your card, Love your design!!

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card and a fabulous interpretation of the theme Marcia. So glad you dusted these beauties off x. A real special card x.

Bonnie said...

You were just saving this set for a special occasion, Marcia, and it's very special! Love that watering can and the little heart with the message! Brilliant greenery spilling from the can! Very bright and beautiful, my friend!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia! Love the watering can filled with greenery and berries. The sweet heart shaped tag is the perfect finishing touch. Fabulous card my friend! xx

TK said...

I absolutely love your watering can and greens, so glad you used them and shared! Very pretty card

Cat Craig said...

What a wonderfully original take on greenery and berries. So festive and FRESH.

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! The holiday greens fill that watering can perfectly. What a great design!

Colleen said...

Marcia, your berries and foliage in the watering can is genius! I love how that looks, perfect card for Christmas! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful card, Marcia! I love how you created a bouquet to go with your fabulous watering can and how you added texture to the background! A really festive and lovely Christmas card ~ xx

Cathy said...

Such a fun Christmas card! Love the watering can holding the foliage, gorgeous texture in the background too, Cathy x

Trina P. said...

I have not ventured into the Greetery product line yet, but it’s a popular choice with this challenge. Your beautiful bouquet in a watering can is so creative... and a refreshingly fun way to stretch the watering can beyond spring and summer. Great card.

Darnell said...

That's right, Marcia! It's never too late, thank goodness. And your stunning card proves that product can still look fresh and magnificent long after it was first introduced. (Although, cough, 2019 is not that long ago!) I won't be surprised if we see a lot of Christmas holly in watering can designs this year, starting with me because I just love this! Thank you for sharing your wonderful design with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh Marcia this is a really gorgeous card, love that the Christmas foliage/berries are displayed in that cool watering can, Robyn