Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Color Hues Challenge #17 - RED & ORANGE

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the gals over at the Color Hues Challenge where they are looking for RED & ORANGE this time around.


I have to admit I wasn't too sure about this color combination at first, but have to tell you that now I absolutely LOVE it!!  Here's what I came up with:


I started by stenciling my background using Pinkfresh Studio's Mirrored Triangles stencil and used Gina K's Tangerine Twist ink first, then flipped the stencil over to the back and stenciled again using Gina K's Red Hot ink.  I used the same two inks to stamp the flowers from Ink To Paper's Prominent Petals stamp set, then die cut them out and pop dotted them to my background.  I die cut the stems and leaves from black to make them pop a bit more since the rest of the card is already pretty busy.  The stamped "Hello" is from Gina K's latest bundle called A Little Hello, and I finished with just a couple Disco Ball sequins (also Gina K).

Make sure you check out all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the talented DT, and then play along with this FUN challenge right HERE.  This challenge is open till May 14 (9:00AM EST).

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow ...what a stunning card. The stencilling looks amazing and the flowers are contemporary and fun. I love the pop of black too Marcia x.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is amazing! I LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Oh Marcia, your creativity impresses me time and time again. This is sensational! I too had to give this combo some thought and I love where you went with it. I couldn't love this anymore. I love the Gina K hello script so much, it's so pretty! I have been telling myself as I am typing this message...I don't need it...I don't need it! LOL Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

I just knew you'd embrace those colors, and come up with something grand - mission accomplished my friend! Your card is so fabulous, and now making me take another look at that stencil! I'll bet I reach for it our next play day!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Those polka dotty blooms get me every time! I'm still waiting for them to be back in stock dang it. Fabulous card and you aced the colors!

Cat Craig said...

Dazzling, love the mix of graphic and blooms.

Birgit said...

Wow~ The colors on this are fabulous! The geometric background in these colors is amazing and I love that you added black leaves and stems. The flowers really stand out. Beautifully done my friend.

Bonnie said...

What an awesome background and GORGOUES flowers, Marcia! Beautiful card, my friend!

Karen said...

Let me tell you those mirrored triangles are fantastic--and in red and orange they really pop! The flowers are gorgeous and the black accents really finish it off beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Kara Lynne said...

It's so bold and striking, Marcia! I love the black accents with those reds and oranges! Your triangle background is amazing!

Ros Crawford said...

Your stenciling is incredible! It sure does work and a beautiful result!

Tracey McNeely said...

There are so many things about your card that I love Marcia--the fabulous background and those gorgeous flowers! Amazing stenciling. Thank you for joining us this challenge at the Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! I love the background you created! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Color Hues Challenge!

Bobby said...

Turning that stencil was a great idea, Marcia. It made such a fabulous background with those colors. The black accents are perfect with it and that flower is lovely.