Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Flower Challenge #56 - Use Your Favorite Flower

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge today where they want us to use our FAVORITE flower.


How do you pick a favorite flower?!!  Isn't that a bit like asking someone who their favorite child is?!!  It's just NOT possible...I LOVE all flowers!  Tulips, Daffodils, Roses, Daisies, Sunflowers, Peonies, Lilacs, Lily of the Valley, Iris's, and many, many more!!  And in ALL colors!!  But choose I must, so I'm using a stamp/stencil set from Pinkfresh Studios called Miss Your Smile that look like Peonies to me...


The bottom flower especially looks like a Peony to me, but not so sure about the top flowers/buds.  I know there really aren't peachy colored Peonies either, but I love pink and orange together, so artistic license and all that good stuff!!  So I stenciled first, using Gina K inks and my blender brushes, and then went over the stenciled flowers with the outline stamp in versafine black onyx ink.  


I layered my stenciled and stamped layer with a piece of black cs and then attached both to a white card base.  I finished with a little banner tag embossed in white on black and used some foam tape behind it for dimension. (The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You)  I also added a few Pinkfresh Studio gems for a little bling.  

You can check out all the FABULOUS cards from the DT HERE.    

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Thank goodness we're all given artistic license, Marcia! I see Hibiscus, and Mums! LOL
I love every bit of gorgeousness here on your wonderful full-sized slimline card - especially the pink and orange combination - a favorite of mine!
Thank you for sharing this beauty with The Flower Challenge!
=]

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. I'm with you ... orange and pink together --- perfection! :) Love your beautiful flowers. So perfect for a slimline card. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge! xx

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, great color combo and the slimline is a great design format.

Bobby said...

Mother Nature says any color of flowers together are beautiful, just like the ones on your card, Marcia. That stencil layering is such a big thing now and so are slim line cards. You've combined them both wonderfully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

These stenciled flowers are awesome, Marcia! Such pretty flowers! I agree that choosing a favorite flower is like choosing a favorite child. Impossible!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, how pretty! Love the colors, Marcia. Such a fabulous card!

Ros Crawford said...

I couldn't pick a favourite either... It's like asking your favourite colour... It depends what for. Either way your card is terrific! I love the choice of stamp/ stencil and those flowers are beautifully coloured. Have a lovely weekend!

Anita in France said...

Yep, my favourites change as the seasons do, Marcia ... and the list is a looong one! These are gorgeous ... a luscious, vibrant colour combo ... beautifully done! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

Yes, pink and orange together are perfect! Artistic license is a wonderful thing! Such gorgeous blooms and I can't believe they're stencils. I would never be able to choose a favorite flower either. I've never met a flower I didn't like. ;0)