Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Color Hues #18 - PURPLE & TEAL

Hello friends.  In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE playing with color challenges, and especially the Color Hues Challenge where this time around they would like to see purple & teal on our cards.


I had just received a new stamp, die, & stencil bundle from Pinkfresh Studios called Butterflies that I had to try out with this color combination, and here's what I came up with:


I started by inking up the outline stamp, and then matched up the stencils (there are 5 of them to create this butterfly!) and ink blended using Lavender and Aquamarine (that looks like Teal to me!) inks from Pinkfresh Studios.  After I die cut the butterfly, I used my WOS to add lots of sparkle to the butterfly's wings.


You can see the sparkle on the upper left wing of the butterfly, but trust me...the sparkle is all over the whole butterfly!  I attached the butterfly to a piece of white cardstock that I used my sweet friend Michele's Lil Inker Woodgrain Cover Plate Die on to provide some white on white design, and also added a thin strip of black cardstock, before attaching both to a top folding white card base.  I finished with a few Pinkfresh Studio gems and a white embossed sentiment (The Greetery) on a black strip. 

Lots of absolutely beautiful inspiration from the whole DT over at Color Hues that you can check out right HERE if you'd like to play along.  This challenge is open till May 29th at 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! I can just imagine how beautifully sparkly this is in real life. Love the butterfly!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous, Marcia. Love your winked flutterby.

Bobby said...

Such a beautiful butterfly, Marcia. I recognized that cover plate right away. So glad you got to spend time with Michele.

Bonnie said...

This butterfly is GORGEOUS, Marcia! Love it using these colors and the sparkle is beautiful! A wonderful layout too, my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you know I'm loving every millimeter of this gorgeous card, right? What a beautiful home for this most exquisite butterfly - I wasn't drawn to the CH colors this time, but you've made me see them through your eyes, and I love it!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I just watch a video with these butterflies this morning... love them and I love this stunning one that's fluttered onto your card!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I see that sparkle on your beautiful butterfly! Love it!

Mac Mable said...

WOW that's one stunning butterfly and one striking card Marcia x. Gorgeous colour combination and loving the bit of sparkle x.

Karen said...

Hard to imagine a more beautiful purple and teal butterfly! The subtle background and thin black border are the perfect setting for that sparkling butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia! I love how you've blended the colours so that they look transparent with the overlapping. Really beautifully designed, my friend! xx

Cindy Beach said...

Thanks for your gorgeous and inspiring card in our colors, Marcia! The butterfly is beautifully colored and I love the shimmer. A great layout too! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Anita in France said...

Your delicate, shimmery butterfly is beautiful, Marcia ... she pops so wonderfully against the crisp, texture-y white! Hugs, Anita :)

Hannelie said...

Marcia your pretty butterfly shine in our challenge colors!
So glad you played along at Color Hues! Hope to see you again soon ♥