Wednesday, November 3, 2021

CAS Christmas Nov. 2021 - Christmas Critters

Hello friends.  It's time for our last challenge of 2021 here at CAS Christmas, and our hostess Barb would like to see CHRISTMAS CRITTERS on our Christmas cards this month.


The hardest part of this challenge??  Deciding which CRITTER to use on my card of course!!  As much as I love all my flower stamps, I love CRITTER stamps too, so there was definitely no shortage of images to use!  Even though I have no shortage of CRITTER stamps, I tend to circle back around to MFT's Polar Bear Pals every Christmas...those adorable faces get me every time!  Here's what I did with one of the smaller images this year...


Kinda melts your heart, doesn't he?!!  I stamped, colored (with Copics), and die cut the little guy, and then set him aside while I stenciled my wreath using Pinkfresh Studio's Thrill of Hope onto a white panel, and then used The Greetery's Crimped Frame Dies to add a border to my panel.  


Although I couldn't seem to capture it with my camera, my sentiment was foiled with red foil using Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments: Holiday foil plate and dies and added to the center of my wreath.  The sweet little bear was pop dotted for some dimension and added to the bottom of the wreath, and then I finished my card by adding a few green gems (also from Pinkfresh Studio).

The DT and our special GD Valerie have some awesome inspiration for you, so check it out and play along with us right HERE.  We'd love to help you get those Christmas cards done in time to send out this year, so play along with us!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


25 comments:

JoAnn said...

That polar bear is so cute perched in your lovely wreath. I like your foiled sentiment to. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, flowers and critters are my two favorites as well! Your polar bear is darling with the wreath as a backdrop. Love your card, Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

The best thing about our older Christmas sets? We never get tired of them - which is definitely the case with your Polar Dude! Looks so handsome in his striped scarf, Marcia! You managed to make him look quite at home in this pretty wreath - and I even saw the foiling! Magical!
=]

Pat said...

What a gorgeous leafy wreath Marcia, and I love the cute polar bear sitting at the bottom with his beautiful coordinating scarf, and a wonderful foiled and die cut sentiment to finish. A brilliant card. x

Bonnie said...

Awh! You can't get any better than this sweet bear, Marcia! The pretty wreath and his scarf make this so festive! Love the foiled sentiment too!

Christine Alexander said...

He's so cute framed with the wreath. Love your festive colours or Red and Green :)

Lisa Elton said...

He is a dapper little fella in his festive scarf! And the fabulous wreath you've posed him in front of... love it! Darling card, Marcia!

Papercraft Boutique said...

The sweet bear does melt my heart, Marcia! He's even wearing a color-matching scarf to the beautiful wreath behind him. That's a perfect backdrop for him! The shiny foiled sentiment and the gems are wonderful holiday touches.
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your sweet polar bear critter all dolled up in his Christmas colors scarf and matching perfectly the beautiful wreath background, Marcia. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

SWEET! LOVE your smiling polar bear. He is adorable and you just want to give him a hug!! Great design with your stenciled wreath and crimped framing. Beautiful card Marcia! xx

Birgit said...

This is just as sweet as can be Marcia! Your wreath is the perfect perching spot for this darling polar bear. I can see why you turn to using them every year. They're adorable and will never go out of style.

Bobby said...

It seems a lot of my critter stamps are bears. I wonder what that means? This one is adorable, Marcia, and he looks right at home sitting in the beautiful stenciled wreath.

Kara Lynne said...

Oh that little guy is just the sweetest! I love how he anchors that beautiful wreath!

Cat Craig said...

I love that polar bear and he looks happy as can be sitting in that wreath.

Susan said...

Love that bear sitting in front of the wreath! Great idea to colour his scarf to perfectly match the colours in the wreath! I like the die cut you chose to edge the main panel.

Julia Aston said...

That polar bear does have the sweetest smile on his face Marcia! and what a beautiful stenciled wreath with all the layers of color! xx

Barb Ghig said...

You never disappoint, Marcia! I love the smiles on these polar bears, too...and I really love how you colored his scarf! Gorgeous wreath, too...WOW! xx

Colleen said...

Marcia, every time I see you use this set, I think I need to buy it, once again you have reminded me how much I love those images. I think nestling the bear in among that fantastic wreath is perfect! What a terrific card my friend!

Mac Mable said...

He sure did melt my heart and I love how happy he looks sat amongst the beautiful wreath foliage Marcia x.

Trina P. said...

I had the same challenge deciding which critter to use, too! And Polar Bear Pals is one of my all time favourites. You’ve coloured your polar bear and stencilled your wreath beautifully. Love the foiled sentiment (I have this PFS foil plate and die, too) and the crimped border panel.

Cathy said...

This little bear is so cute! I actually have this set and have never used it!! I love him peeking out from the pretty wreath and yes I can see the foiling, awesome card, Cathy x

Valérie said...

This polar bear is adorable with the wreath all around him. Love it! Thank you for having me as a Guest Designer this month!

Helen F. said...

The Polar Bear is darling. He looks right at home with your pretty wreath and great Merry & Bright sentiment :-)

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely is this! Adorable card, Marcia. I always love this BB set so much, Jo x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love this card Marcia... That little guy is so sweet and your wreath is beautiful!