Thursday, November 18, 2021

Christmas Kickstart #56 - Christmas Snippets

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where Jo and her guest elf Di are looking for Christmas cards made with SNIPPETS.


Are you a saver of all those tiniest pieces of DSP and cardstock?  I'm one of those that do and then hardly use them, but just can't bear to throw them away, just in case...  Well, this is the perfect challenge to use some of those little snippets up, and here's what I came up with using a couple pieces from my SU! stash...


I used a Penny Black die called Ornament Branch to cut my snippets from a piece of Soft Succulent Shimmer Vellum for the branch and a piece of leftover DSP from SU! called Expressions in Ink for the ornament.  I used one of the Spellbinders Hemstitched Rectangle Dies to cut a white layer that I added to a white card base, and then glued my vellum branch and pretty pink and gold ornament to the die cut layer.  I also added a tiny snippet of gold mirror cardstock for the hanger part of the ornament.


I thought about adding a sentiment, but I really loved the CAS look to this card and decided to leave my sentiment for the inside.

Are your Christmas cards done and ready to mail out in the next few weeks?  I am soooo close...just a few more!  If you need to play catch up, check out all the inspiration from Jo and Di and all the beautiful cards already in gallery HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 30th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Sometimes a card screams to be left sentiment-less. I find those cards interesting because the surprise is inside.

I Card Everyone said...

I totally agree, Marcia - sometimes there are no words needed!
Love your beautiful snippets, and CAS-ilicious card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Those are some pretty snippets and this is a wonderful CAS card!

Helen F. said...

Oh how beautiful! Yes, love this CAS design ~ it's perfection ;-)

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love everything about it - the gorgeous paper for the ornament, the perfect CAS layout, and the hemstitch border!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card, Marcia. I love it's CAS look and that pretty border. A sentiment would have looked too heavy on this precious card. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, JO x

Birgit said...

This is simply lovely, Marcia! What a great use for small scraps, which I'm a saver of too. That shimmer vellum is fabulous and so is your inky ornament. Your CAS card is stunning!

Bobby said...

That beautiful pink scrap is just perfect for an ornament, Marcia. And there's that wonderful green vellum again. This is such an elegant CAS card and I love it sans sentiment.

Kara Lynne said...

What gorgeous snippets, Marcia! Good thing you kept them for just this occasion! Great idea to put the sentiment on the inside because the composition is perfect!

Sarn said...

Fabulous snippety bauble card.
Hugs, Sarn x

Loll said...

Gorgeous combination Marcia. LOVE the pearly branch with the gorgeous ornament. The hemstitch framing is so beautiful. I wish I was close to being finished making cards, about 40 more to go! :) xx

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the snippets and one eye catching and striking CAS card Marcia x. Haven't started my Christmas cards yet!!

Bonnie said...

I love all the white space with this GEORGEOUS ornament, Marcia, that's so pretty hanging from the vellum branch!

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Marcia! It doesn't need anything in the way of a sentiment added to the front = just perfect as it is.

Hugs

Di (Christmas Kickstart GD)
xx

Ros Crawford said...

Simply stunning my friend... What a clever way to use that AI looking paper!