Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Inspired By #194 - Welcome Friends

Hello friends.  Had to play along with the gals over at the Inspired By Challenge after seeing the Christmas inspiration photo, as it was right up my alley with it's country charm!


I love the rustic look, the colors, well, everything about this beautiful inspiration photo!  And since I'm trying to finish up the last of my Christmas cards, this seemed like a perfect challenge to participate in this week!  Here's what I came up with...


 I loved the ship lap background in the inspiration photo, so I started there using The Greetery's Ship Lap Builder Dies and after die cutting, added a very light layer of kraft ink to the pieces.  I matted this layer to a piece of kraft cs, and then also die cut my wreath (Reverse Confetti's Wreaths Confetti Cuts) from kraft cs.  I decorated the wreath with a new PTI set called Sprigs & Sprays: Holiday using Ocean Tides (PTI) ink and Poppy ink (C & 9th).


 I die cut the little string wrapped bow from The Greetery's Fit to Be Tied die set and my sentiment from MB's Special Merry Christmas using Poppy cardstock from C & 9th.  A few red gems from Lucy's Little Gems finished off this rustic Christmas card.

You can check out all the fabulous cards from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a fabulous take on the challenge photo. I love all the bits and pieces you have put together, and am seriously crushing on the ship lap pieces.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful diecut rustic wreath, Marcia. I love your CAS design with all your die cuts.
TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Great take on the challenge photo Marcia. The ship lap looks fabulous and loving all those really pretty die cuts. Beautiful card Marcia x.

I Card Everyone said...

Incredibly beautiful, Marcia! I had no trouble spotting all the ways you were inspired by our Christmas wreath in IB194C!
More branches and berries?? Oh la la!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful card. A perfect take on the inspiration photo. Love the ship lap background.

Bobby said...

I thought of using the shiplap dies for my card and went with a stencil instead. Mistake? Maybe since your wreath looks so lovely hanging against it, Marcia. I love the sprigs and the string that binds them finished it off perfectly.

Bonnie said...

Love that shiplap, wreath and bouquet of greenery, Marcia! A very lovely card, my friend!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Marcia.. love all the elements, Robyn

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, your card couldn't be any closer to the inspiration photo! Well done my friend!!

Danni Reid said...

This is another stunning card Marcia, every detail, so perfect, every element so awesome, wow! Thank you for inspiring us @IB!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous! You racked that photo challenge and your card is so clean and pretty!

LeAnne said...

Love this...that background shipbuilder die is fabulous, as is your pretty wreath!