Friday, November 19, 2021

Inspired By #196 - Neighbor Tag

Hello friends.  The inspiration photos at the Inspired By Challenge lately have been wonderful, and are really helping me to finish those last Christmas cards up!


 Wouldn't you love to have an Advent calendar like this with all the sweet little houses?!  While I didn't make an Advent calendar card, I did use houses, pine trees, and the colors from the inspiration photo to come up with this mini slimline card...


The houses and trees are both from a new Gina K set Winter Whimsy and I also used a new set from one of Gina's designers (Melanie Muenchinger) called Slimline Starters which allowed me to stamp the double frame border before die cutting the stitched rectangle.  After stamping my houses in Evening Evergreen (SU!), I used a glue pen which ended up spreading the coloring around a bit like water coloring, and I love how that turned out!  Before the glue dried, I added some Distress Glitter (Tim Holtz) and tiny star gems.  The red houses I pop dotted for some dimension, and the kraft colored houses were glued directly onto the tree stamped layer.


  To finish my card I added a layer of Evening Evergreen cardstock behind the stamped layer, and also did a sentiment strip with the Evening Evergreen cardstock and white embossed using SSS's Tiny Words Christmas.  Really like how this one turned out!!

You can check out all the FABULOUS cards from the DT right HERE and then play along...especially if you need to get crackin' on those cards!!  Thanks Inspired By for the great inspiration...I loved it!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

Marcia, please stop! You're making me want to buy so many new things because every time I see you post, I love what you've made. This slimline is adorable with that row of pretty Christmas trees with the star gems on top. The row of houses just add to the cuteness. And let's not even talk about that border stamp with the stitched die..... LOVE this!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous slimline card, Marcia. Love that row of houses.

Lisa Elton said...

This could not be any more adroable, Marcia! Those little houses all lined up with the sparkling trees behind them just makes me smile. Thanks so much for joining us at IB! I'll take the little red house on the right, where will you be?

Mac Mable said...

I sure would love an advent calendar like the inspiration photo Marcia x. I love your slimline card, the cute little houses, the sparkly trees, great take on the challenge and you are so very creative x.

Bonnie said...

What a sweet village with the glitter pine forest on the edge! Love the borders!

Ros Crawford said...

Love it! The scene is just perfect and I love your houses!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm living in the last little red house on the right - just close enough to all the crafty goodness stored in the brown house next door!! Hey - it's Christmas time, a girl can dream!
Marcia, I love your little slimline Christmas village! Thanks so much for joining us at Inspired By!
=]

Danni Reid said...

I am taking the last house in red too, Michele's going to have to share! haha These are so fun, so fabulous, your creations are advertisements every time, I LOVE this card! Thank you for inspiring us @IB with this beauty!

Susan said...

That is a fabulous card, Marcia! Love the combination of houses and trees. The little star gemstones on top of the trees are wonderful.

Helen F. said...

Wonderful Christmas card, Marcia ~ Love this pretty wintery scene :-)

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Marcia, love that little row of houses with the glittery trees in the background.. Robyn

Bobby said...

What a fun little village surrounded by snow covered trees, Marcia.

Loll said...

Adorable card Marcia! Love your winter scene with all the wonderful buildings and lots of fantastic details. xx