Monday, November 15, 2021

CAS Christmas Reminder Nov. 2021 - CHRISTMAS CRITTERS

Hello friends.  Just a friendly little reminder that there's still time to play along with us this month at CAS Christmas.  Our hostess this month is Barb, and she would like to see CHRISTMAS CRITTERS on your CAS Christmas cards.


I used an older image from Penny Black (you can always tell it's older when the stamp is mounted on a wood block, right??!! ) that I actually just picked up last year after seeing someone make a card with it and knew I had to have it to add to my critter collection!  Take a look...


 Can you see why I had to have it?!  I think this overdressed duck image is just too CUTE, and I had fun coloring him simply with a few of my Copics, and then matting him with a thin layer of red foil cardstock.  My sentiment was also mounted on a thin piece of red foil cardstock and is from TE's Modern Holiday stamp set.


My background is a new to me embossing folder from SSS called Holiday Greenery, and I think it finished off my simple card rather nicely!

You have until the 24th to enter this challenge, so check out the inspiration from the DT and play along with us right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

your Christmas goose really made me smile, he's certainly dressed for Christmas ♥

Julia Aston said...

Love the little smile on your cute duck Marcia! Strutting around in his holly outfit - such a fun card for the challenge! Love that embossed background as well!! xx

Bonnie said...

I do see why you had to have this stamp, Marcia! It is ADORABLE! Love that embossed background too! An altogether fantastic card, my friend!

Susan said...

That is the most adorable duck! He looks so proud of his Christmas outfit! Great layout with your new embossing folder.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness! She is definitely a must-have, and a keeper! Just darling all decked out in her beautifully colored holiday finery!
Loving your embossing, and that fancy red foil was the perfect finishing dot for the i!
=]

Papercraft Boutique said...

I understand why you got this super cute "overdressed" duck, Marcia! Your coloring makes him even cuter, and he looks like he's showing off his Christmas outfit, being framed in the red foil matte. The holiday greenery embossed background adds wonderful texture to the card too!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Your duck is all decked out for Christmas and ready to party! :) Sweet image, I can see why you had to have it!! Looks fabulous with the gorgeous embossed background. xx

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a darling image. So cute. The embossing is a lovely touch as well. Such a fun and festive card.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia...I can see why you had to have this duck...he's so cute that now, I have to get him, too :) Beautiful coloring and I love your embossed background ~ Awesome Christmas card ~ xx

Birgit said...

That image is adorable, Marcia and I can see why you wanted to have it in your collection. Your coloring on this is fabulous!

JoAnn said...

Love this cute image and your card design. The embossed background is lovely.

Bobby said...

Darling holly bedecked duck, Marcia. The embossing folder made a great background for her and she needed the sparkle of the foil.

Colleen said...

Marcia, your little duck is just as cute as can be with the crown of wreaths on her head and around her neck, simply adorable!! And I love your background ef also!!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the smile Marcia with this darling of a card x.

Trina P. said...

I can see why you had to have this stamp. This festive duck is so fun and adorable. The embossed background is beautiful.

Ros Crawford said...

Eeek! A duck... you know my fondness for ducks and this is fabulous! As always beautifully done!