Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Just Us Girls #626 - WORD Week

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Just Us Girls Challenge where it's WORD Week!  And the WORD of the week is...


It just so happened that I've had some ink blended and foiled eggs sitting on my desk for a few weeks now that I wasn't quite sure what to do with.  Inspiration finally struck, and this is what I came up with:


I ink blended some white cardstock with greens and blues and pinks and oranges, and then foiled and die cut using Spellbinders Glimmer Kit of the Month from March of 2020.  I also ink blended a bit of the Turquoise blue ink onto the card base and then added PFS's Geo Tiles die cut cover plate in gold mirror cardstock.  


I die cut my bunny from a Tim Holtz's Bunny Hop die and kraft cardstock, and of course added a small white pompom for his tail before adhering to the Geo Tile background.  I added the colorful eggs next.


I finished this sweet little Easter card by adding my sentiment (SSS) to a flag die (Gina K) along with a bit of Turquoise ink blending around the edges and some gold cording.  Pretty simple to put together, but nice and bright and cheery for Easter and Springtime!

Lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT and their GD (Mac Mable) that you can check out right HERE if you'd like to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Marcia... there is soooo much I love about this card! Your scraps came together into an amazing card. Love the geo tile background, the distressed/foiled eggs are gorgeous, and the funky bunny is over the top! Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls.

I Card Everyone said...

This is soooo hippity hoppity egg-cellent, my friend! LOve that bunny and all this gorgeous gold on your eggs, and background, too! How do you NOT give this guy a tail?
Totally adorable!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your shimmery eggs and fancy gold background are divine, Marcia! And what's not to love about this bunny! So happy to have you playing along at Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

Fabulous gold foiled eggs, Marcia, and I love that die cut background. That bunny with his powder puff tail is so cute hopping among the eggs. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Susan said...

Adorable bunny with his perfect tail! Love the eggs - they look like Ukrainian pysanky eggs. A really fabulous Easter card!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous eggs and background, Marcia! That dancing bunny is fabulous and fun!

Cat Craig said...

Love that fun happy bunny and those gorgeous eggs.

Mac Mable said...

Those ink blended eggs with the foiling look fabulous and what a striking cover plate x. Adorable bunny with his bobtail and the miniature egg and love the fun sentiment. Thanks for the shout out Marcia x.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this bun and all the wonderful shimmer and shine he is hopping in. Fabulous Easter card, Marcia.

TK said...

Great use of your desk tidbits -- it's an adorable card indeed!