Monday, April 11, 2022

For You

Hello friends.  Playing with a new stamp & stencil set today from The Greetery called Print Shop: Spring Mix, and actually came up with my Mother's Day card early!  Take a look:


I started with a background of foiled hearts from Pinkfresh Studios (Heart Grid) using iridescent silver foil, and then got to work on the stenciling and stamping of the next layer.


 I did all my stenciling, and then while stamping the details, I made a big oops...vellum to the rescue!!  The little group of flowers under the "For You" sentiment has a stamp to put dots in the centers of the flowers, and there's quite a bit of open space between all the dots on the stamp...yep, I got ink on the open area of the stamp and of course it all transferred to the card when I pressed my stamp down...grrrrrr!


  It worked out fine to silver heat emboss my sentiment on the vellum though, and then wrap it over the oops!  After using foam tape under the die cut flower layer, I finished by adding some clear gems (PFS) and very thin strips of pink cardstock at the top and bottom of my card.

The Color Hues Challenge is looking for PINK & GREEN this time around, so this card will fit in perfectly for the challenge.  The Flower Challenge is looking for HEARTS along with your flowers this month, so I think I've got that covered with my foiled background too!  Always love it when I can combine TWO challenges!!




Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card Marcia. So many beautiful elements that combine into one STUNNING design. Love those sweet foil hearts in the background. And the flowers are so pretty in pink! Great save with the vellum sentiment ... it looks perfect with your design. xx

Nancy said...

This Mother's Day card is as lovely as can be. The added foiled hearts worked perfectly amongst those pretty florals. Awesome job with the colors and thanks for playing at Color Hues! Take care!

Karen said...

This is so beautiful! I love that Greetery set. It was here when I got home from vacation, and I can't wait to give it a try. Love that foiled background as well. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so lovely and feminine, Marcia! Great save on your oops!

I Card Everyone said...

You've added hearts in all the right places, Marcia! Just look at those little sweeties peeking out from behind these glorious flowers! Or are those the oopsy daisies we've been hearing about for years? LOve them!
=]

Kara Lynne said...

Is this card ever gorgeous! What a beautiful array of flowers, and your stamping is perfect - except where it's not, but what a perfect save, so it's all perfect!

Bobby said...

I love your beautiful flower garden nestled among the hearts, Marcia. The angled vellum sentiment strip was perfect even if it was a save.

Bobby said...

I got so caught up in your wonderful card that I forgot to thank you for sharing it with us at The Flower Challege.

Bonnie said...

The little hearts in the background are so sweet and work perfectly to display these beautiful flowers! Love the look of vellum that gives it a dreamy look! Awesome card, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

What a cute heart background and the flowers look amazing and so pretty. Great save Marica and loving the way you did the sentiment on the vellum then attached it on an angle. Beautiful Mother's day card x.

Cat Craig said...

Loving those sweet little hearts on your base, and your stenciling looks gorgeous. I have this set and its up next on my play list. Thanks for the stunning inspiration.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Mother's day card! Love the heart backdrop! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful Mother's Day card. Love the design and those wonderful hearts. Thank you soooo much for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Birgit said...

This turned out beautifully, Marcia! How did I miss this post? I would never have known about the big "oops" on this card. You did a great job covering it. This is beautiful, my friend!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a stunning card Marcia! So many wonderful elements!