Friday, April 1, 2022

The Great Cover - Up March 28

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Great Cover - Up Challenge where they would like us to use a Cover Plate Die on our card.


I just so happened to receive PTI's newest Cover Plate in the mail this week and couldn't wait to try it out!  Here's what I came up with...


I started with a Spring Rain card base, and then added the new Cover Plate: Decorative Circles die cut in white over the top of the card base.  I then cut the cover plate out again in kraft cardstock and added just the small diamond shapes to the white cover plate die cut.  I thought it might be a lot of fussy work, but it really went quite quickly and gave me a beautiful background to work with.  Next I stamped a sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Spring Blessings stamp set onto a crimped circle die cut and add to my card base.  The little birdie is also new this month from PTI (Feathered Friends Mini #21), and I stamped and die cut him to match along with my background.


And of course I had to use a little bit of floral on my card, so I went to my go to favorite lately...Into The Blooms: Dahlia.  For the flower, I die cut from white the 3 layers, and then lightly blended on some Spring Rain ink and some glitter of course!!  The leaf was die cut from the same kraft I used for the diamond shapes in the background.  I also added just a touch of glitter to the bird for a bit more sparkle and shine, along with a few clear sequins.

Check out what Dana and Amy did for inspiration for this challenge right HERE, and then play along...this challenge is open till April 4th at 7:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a gorgeous card...

Bonnie said...

A pretty flower and adorable bird for this awesome background! Love that bit of sparkle!

TK said...

Beautiful cover plate, Marcia! Plus your bird and color choices are fantastic

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your newest addition to the flock, Marcia! There's something about those eyes! Of course he'd be frosty with the weather we're having, right?
Just love the new cover plate, too - you may just have to stay for that week!
=]

Bobby said...

I love your new coverplate, Marcia. And you know I love the dahlias, especially those leaves, and who can resist a cute little bird. So all together this is one fantastic card, my friend.

Julia Aston said...

I saw that new coverplate on the PTI release and thought Hmmm - lovely - and it certainly is on your beautiful card Marcia (I ended up just getting the lace edger die) So pretty with the fun bird in all the blues and tans and that gorgeous bloom! xx

Birgit said...

Love this card and love that cover plate!! The flowers in blue are so pretty and the bird is adorable!

Loll said...

Gorgeous spring card Marcia! Love your sweet bird and pretty flower. That coverplate background is fabulous. Love the colour combo you've used, my friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love the colors you've used and that little bird is the sweetest! Adding the kraft bits into the cover plate was a great idea! Marvelous card, Marcia!

Mac Mable said...

What beautiful colours and WOW to that striking cover plate. Wonderful design, the prettiest of flower and one adorable little bird....A perfect card Marcia x.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! I need to add this sweet bird, pretty Dalia and lovely new Cover Plate to my wish list!