Wednesday, April 13, 2022

SPRING

Hello friends.  Playing along with a couple challenges today...Double D is looking for EASTER cards, and a new to me challenge (The Four Seasons) is a Anything Goes SPRING.



Aren't they both such pretty inspiration boards?!!  Spring is always slow to come to Michigan (we woke up to snow this past weekend!), so sometimes I have to create my own Spring in my craft room until the real thing arrives!

My card today uses another new set from The Greetery called Curio: Spring Findings, and is just dies...NO stamps!  I had a great time using my sponge daubers and blending brushes along with DOX inks and regular inks to create all these little images that say Spring and are perfect for Easter too!  Take a look:


 I started with a white layer that I embossed using SU!'s Subtle embossing folder, and then added a die cut rectangle frame from MFT (Blueprints #27) that I stamped with a SU! Hardwood background stamp onto kraft cardstock to give the look of a curio cabinet.  I cut a few more of the rectangles in white that I glued under the kraft layer to give a bit of dimension to my curio cabinet.


The die also cuts out the 3 little squares and the long rectangle too, and I ink blended those in pink, aqua, & green to add some background color for my die cut images.  My favorite is that tiny snail popped up on the colorful leaf, although the sweet little Lily of the Valley comes in a close 2nd!


My "Spring" die cut comes from the Let's Have A Word: Spring die from The Greetery, and it was die cut 3 times and stacked for some more dimension, and then I also used my WOS pen on it to give it some sparkle and shine.  My Easter greeting is on the inside and of course I forgot to take a picture of that!

The Double D Challenge is open till the 17th, and The Four Seasons Challenge is open till the 25th, so still time to play along with both challenges!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I love how you've filled the apertures with pretty Spring Die cuts. Such a unique and creative card and so very pretty Marcia.....Spring on a card x. Yes Spring is on the way my end but it is struggling.....x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous Spring card, Marcia - just love your design with the fun quartet of windows! That bitty snail is adorable!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card, love all the bits and p ieces.

Glenda said...

What a beautiful Spring card you have created! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!
Glenda
FS/DT

Diane said...

I LOVE this pretty and beautifully designed card! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons and Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
{Two Old Bats}

Lisa Elton said...

I never thought I would say this about a snail, but I'm smitten with that little fella! This is so cute, Marcia!

Vicki said...

This is absolutely lovely, Marcia. All of the different spring elements are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Easter" Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

I have a fondness for snails, and this guy deserves your admiration - so cute! Love all the wee little bits of treasures in your curio box, Marcia - you know my favorite already. I can conjure up their aroma very easily!
Hope your Easter is blessed, my friend. x
=]

Bobby said...

I'm glad you like putting all those little pieces together, Marcia, because this is beautiful. Having a separate box for each gives them a place to shine and the entire card really says "Spring".

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia this is just AWESOME! Beautifully designed! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D and Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bonnie said...

What sweet reminders of Spring, Marcia! I love that little snail too and the bird's nest and lily of the valley! A fantastic way to welcome Spring, my friend! Happy Easter.

Susan said...

Love that die cut with all the apertures. Wonderful images filling them to remind us of spring.

Birgit said...

This card captures everything beautiful about spring, Marcia. Beautiful!! I like the tiny little snail too, and the nest with the pale blue eggs. So adorable!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Spring card Marcia. Love all the little images you colored so beautifully. That litte snail is cute popped up on the leaf. I love how you stamped the die cut frame too. TFS

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning, Marcia. I love the layout of the card and the elements are SO super sweet. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog and please join us again soon.