Monday, April 4, 2022

Precious Poppies

Hello friends.  Have a few cards to share today using a new (to me) layering stencil set from The Ton called Precious Poppies.  I've heard of The Ton company before, but had never really looked at any of their products until my cousin told me to check them out...I'm so glad I did!!  I LOVE layering stencils, and The Ton definitely knows what they're doing with these.  Check out this link for a video they put out back in January when they first released these stencils (HERE).  I personally think they're a little pricey, and using a bit of Pixie Spray on the back of the stencils is definitely helpful, but otherwise these stencils make the most BEAUTIFUL images!  I started with just the one set because of the price, but I definitely want more!  

I have 3 cards to share with you today and I made them all into mini slimline cards.  My 1st card is the one I learned on, and I almost threw it away, but after fixing a few boo boo's, I saved it and I think it came out quite nice!  Take a look:


 The image comes out quite a bit larger than what you see here...in fact it would probably fit a 5 x 7 card really nicely!  I'm really hooked on mini slimline cards right now though, so I used Gina K's Master layouts #7 to die cut my stitched rectangle and the black layer behind.  This stencil has 4 layers plus the flower centers, and I used shades of pink, red, & green inks (Gina K & Distress inks).  I layered my sentiment (Gina K) over one of my boo boo's and a few clear sequins over a couple of the other marks that shouldn't have been there.  TIP: Wipe off each stencil prior to pulling it off to avoid inky fingers putting marks where you don't want them!!


 This is the 2nd one I did and probably my favorite because of the colors!  And I used ink that had been leftover on my orange ink blending brush to get all 4 shades...started with a very light hand that came out looking almost yellow, and then used a little more pressure with each consecutive stencil.  The die cut "birthday" and "wishes" strip come from Gina K's Lace Flowers kit.  I used a few PFS gems to finish off this card.


My last card is actually for my mom who celebrates a BIG birthday tomorrow...she turns 90!!  I decided to make this card an eclipse card, where I cut out the 90 from my finished stenciled layer, and then cut the 90 out 3 more times from white cardstock and glued those back in to the stenciled layer before adding on top the stenciled portion of the numbers.  Here's a closer up so you can see the 90 better:


My mom's favorite colors are purple and yellow, so I used mostly Lilac Grace and Amethyst Allure inks (PTI) for the flowers, and the birthday die cut is once again from Gina K.  My mom didn't want a big party for her birthday...just a mailbox full of cards rather than bills and advertisements, and she has already started receiving cards and is totally loving the handmade ones that some of you have already blessed her with...thank you, thank you dear friends!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Birgit said...

These are gorgeous in every color Marcia! I love how you did the eclipse card for your mom. That is stunning and I've no doubt she'll love it. So glad she's getting showered with love for her special day.

TK said...

Oh! My! Wow these are gorgeous, Marcia! I love the colors, the fantastic layers and 3 colors of them too. Happy Birthday to your mom, she's a special lady, I'm sure!

Mac Mable said...

What amazing layering stencils and should I say it's 'amazing' what you've done with them Marcia. Your cards are stunning. I love all three colour ways but extra loving the eclipse card for your Mum's 90th....A card made with love Marcia x.

Cat Craig said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, how blessed you are to have her celebrating such a milestone. Your three cards are gorgeous Marcia each looks like a lovely masterpiece. I've looked at their stencils, but the price made me thing twice along with not having used many layering stencils previously.

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards Marcia. I have to say the first one is my fav ... it's pink! :) But all three are amazing. Happy Birthday to your Mom!! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! I need to invest in some layering stencils! Each one of these is gorgeous, my friend!

Helen F. said...

Oh Marcia, these beautiful Poppy Flowers are so pretty in each of the colors you chose!
I especially love the Purple with your Mom's age die cut in the center. WOW ~ what a blessing to celebrate!