Monday, April 18, 2022

The Great Cover Up Challenge

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink and The Great Cover Up Challenge today.


Kelly's card was absolutely FABULOUS for this challenge, and I pretty much CASE'd  it with a few small exceptions!  Take a look at what I came up with:


I started by switching up my background with a dotted dsp in Soft Stone as opposed to Kelly's gingham in light gray, and then added the Cover Plate: Decorative Circles die cut in white over the top of the dsp.  For all the little diamond shaped die cut pieces, I colored them with a Copic (Y13) before inserting them back into their openings.  Since the challenge calls for YELLOW flowers, I thought coloring in the little diamond shapes was a good way to coordinate with my Tulips.  I love, LOVE the die cut Tulips Kelly used on her card, but since I don't have those and didn't want to completely copy Kelly's card, I pulled out an oldie but a goody with the Tulip Time stamp and die set.  I'd forgotten how much I love this stamp set and it looks wonderful against the die cut cover plate background!  (IMHO)


I finished this cheerful Springtime card with a sentiment from Just Sentiments: Spring Blessings (LOVE this set!!) and a few clear sequins.

You can check out Kelly's AWESOME card and play along right HERE...this challenge is open till the 20th at 7:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

How in the world did I miss out on these gorgeous tulips?? Add them to the pile, Marcia! What a gorgeous garden you've planted them in today! Fabulous coverplate that allows those darling dots to show through, too!
=]

Bobby said...

That sentiment was perfect for your Springtime tulips, Marcia. The polka dots peeking through the fabulous coverplate are so cute and the yellow inserts really pop and tie it all together. Wonderful card, my friend!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh that yellow and gray...so lovely; wonderful layers and a sweet sentiment. Beautiful card.

Lisa Elton said...

I remember those pretty tulips from 12 Kits! Love what you've done with them Marcia!

Susan said...

What a wonderful way to use the cover plate with the polka dots peeking through and the yellow centres inset into the cover plate. Beautiful tulips too!

Loll said...

Beautiful Spring card Marcia! Your gorgeous coverplate is amazing over the dotty background. Love those beautiful yellow tulips. xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Simply beautiful Marcia

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! I love the yellow tulips and the background is a perfect match for them! Awesome card, my friend!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia! I think I need to pull those tulips out as well, and give them some love. The yellow and gray color palette..... swoon~ and I love the sentiment too. That's one I should take to heart. ;0)

TK said...

Ooooooh aaaaaah - LOVE the patterned paper behind your diamond-ish cover plate, and your flowers are just beautiful!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous idea to colour the diamonds in yellow to complement those beautiful tulips. Striking design and one very beautiful card Marcia x.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what beauties you have been making Marcia... I'm so sorry I hven't been able to comment on all of them... I am trying to type with one hand now. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for all your kind wishes and prayers. It means so much having friends like you... hugs my friend

Carmela said...

So pretty, Marcia. That background die looks beautiful with the DSP. Love the tulips!