Monday, January 30, 2023

Concord & 9th Happy Heart Boxes

Hello friends.  Just a fun post today...no challenges!  And no cards.  Just a long overdue playdate with a set of dies I bought over a year ago and had never even opened the package, let alone made anything with the dies!  Until I was inspired by my sweet friend Birgit who had ordered the same set of dies and actually used hers!  (See Birgit's post HERE)  

The die set I'm talking about is from Concord & 9th and is called Happy Heart Box Dies.  They are so easy to put together and FUN to decorate, and I made 3 of them for Valentine's Day (One for my mom and the other 2 will go to the foreign exchange students our oldest daughter and her family are hosting this year.)  


I'm pretty tickled with the way they turned out, and especially since I'm dealing with a bum left arm/hand (think I pulled/pinched a muscle/nerve in my neck and it's mostly affecting my left arm and hand...grrrr!!  Thank goodness I'm right handed, but you don't realize how much you really do use the other hand until you don't have use of it.). 


 This is the box that will be going to my mom and uses PTI's Into The Blooms: Roses and the fern from PTI's Into The Blooms: Dahlias dies.  I also added a sprig of Baby's Breath (die from The Greetery) and the LOVE tag from the Happy Hearts Box Dies set.


I did tie some sheer white ribbon (Michael's) around the perimeter of the top of the box for a little something extra.


This box uses PTI's Into The Blooms: Dahlia dies for the flowers and also the fern from the same set.  The white heart behind the flowers was embossed with Spellbinders Stylized Trellis ef and I used a Gina K Swiss Dots ef on my mom's box.  The X's & O's on this box are from The Greetery's Hot Stuff Sentiments stamp and die set, and I finished with a few Iridescent Clear Drops from PFS.

All 3 have been filled with chocolate hearts and will make for a fun and happy treat.  Thought about making 3 more for my grandbabies, but quickly decided they're too young yet for me to spend that amount of time on something they will rip apart to get to the candy!  But don't worry...Nana has them covered with treat bags that will be full of sweets!

Although I'm not entering these boxes into any challenges, I will add them to Darnell's NBUS #46 since it took me over a year to actually use these sweet dies!


  
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Birgit said...

These are so beautiful Marcia! The box itself is an amazing gift, the chocolates inside are the icing on the cake. Love the gorgeous flowers, embossed background.... everything! Sorry to hear about your arm. I hope it's back to normal soon.

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

You were right - they are adorable! You don't think your mom wont rip them apart to get to the candy?

Lin said...

Marcia, these are beautiful! You've really made some treasures here! Putting these on my wishlist!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia they are so very elegant and beautiful! You had all the prettiest flowers to decorate these sweet little boxes! Love what you did with the Trellis EF and all the other embossed hearts - they provided such pretty canvases for all these flowers!
You have such a way with these special little treat boxes of all shapes and sizes! Just darling, Marcia!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, these are so beautiful and amazing I'm just freaking out! Yes, that's what this stuff does to me. The flower dies and boxes are sooooo gorgeous! Your sponging, the splatters... the water splatters on the roses make them appear to have dew drops on them. Fantastic layering. WOW! I have to say that your second commenter made me laugh out loud! That will carry me through the day. I'm sure sorry about your arm and I hope it feels better soon.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my Marcia, I hope your arm/nerve gets to feeling better soon. Those boxes are adorable, and the work you put into them making them beautiful and filled with sweet treats, they are a labor of love.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia! I just keep scrolling up and down drinking in all of the pretty details you layered onto these! Love the water spots on the roses. I'm betting that one is for your mom. I feel for you with the bum hand. Hope it heals quickly XO

TK said...

These are gorgeous, and will be loved! What a great box and beautifully pulled together by YOU!

TK said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!

Loll said...

Beautiful designs for your heart boxes filled with treats. What a special gift for your mom and your daughter's exchange students. They are all going to be so thrilled to get these, Marcia! Lovely gift, my friend. Stopped by and saw Birgit's beautiful Spring-inspired boxes with the pretty flowers. Thanks! xx

Bobby said...

Oh my stars, these are over the moon beautiful, Marcia. You did a wonderful job with the flowers you decorated the boxes with. I'm sure your Mom and the exchange students will be thrilled.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your chocolate boxes are so fantastic. I used to love to get a tiny box of chocolates like this as a child, but this are a step up. So much fun!!

Bonnie said...

What special gifts, Marcia! I love how you've decorated each of these! The rose with the baby's breath is so elegant and the ferns are perfect flowers and xoxo perfect for teens! Hope that arm starts feeling better.