Monday, January 16, 2023

Color Hues #56 - PINK & RED

Hello friends.  It's time for another challenge at Color Hues and this time we would like to see PINK and RED.


These colors definitely make me think Valentine's Day, but I really needed to work on my depleted birthday card stash!  This card could totally be used for a Valentine's Day birthday though, so I guess you could say I'm combining the two!!  I used a favorite die set from Spellbinders that I bought this past Fall called Parcel & Post Mailbox and came up with this...


I know that I'm not the only one that thinks this is a FABULOUS die set because I've seen many, many people out there using it, but this color combination of pink & red was just too perfect not to use on this card!  I started by embossing my background with a new Spellbinders embossing folder called Heart Blooms and then built my mailbox and leaves and blooms from red, pink, & white cs.


I also used red ink to sponge around the edges of my mailbox and a few of the leaves and the envelope too.  The sentiment was embossed in white using Spellbinders Parcel & Post Sentiments stamp set, and then I finished the card with some red and clear Stickles, and also a few red & pink sparkling gems from PFS.

We have a lot of inspiration for you using these colors and would LOVE to see you in our gallery right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 29th @ 9:00AM, so come and join in the FUN!!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



19 comments:

Bobby said...

I love your overflowing mailbox, Marcia. I wish you had a way to get your blog by mail. I keep forgetting to stop by but I'm doing it this morning so be prepared for a plethory of comments. I'm WAAAY behind.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! I have loved this die every time I've seen it used and yours in the pink and red is so adorable! Such fun packed into this card. I have some friends with birthdays very close to Valentine's Day and this sort of card would be perfect. Brilliant, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

This is such a fun "Filled" card. I love that mail box -- who wouldn't want it full of good wishes and cards from friends. Love the pink and red too, such a great card for the challenge inspiration.

Julie B said...

Love the mailbox with it's overflowing foliage, so clever! A great card for a birthday too. :)

Nancy said...

This is awesome, Marcia! Love the embossed background and your shading around the mailbox is just perfect too. I am happy I made this purchase.

Lisa Elton said...

This is heaps of fun, Marcia and would make anyone's birthday a happy one!

Bonnie said...

This mailbox is so perfect for these colors, Marcia! I love how you've stuffed it with all that sweet outgoing mail! Perfect for birthday or Valentine's Day!

JulieP said...

Wow. This is so pretty! Love all of the little inky touches and embossed background.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I've just loved seeing that sweet little mailbox around but you've brought such life to those dies with your shading - can't imagine a better color combination for your sweet little Valentine!
So very cute!
=]

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, our colors work sooo perfectly for your cute mail box and florals! Love this darling die set and your fabulous birthday design with it!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love that mail box so much. I just bought it last month myself. I need to break it out and use it. Beautiful design!

Karen said...

I hate to admit it, but I was inspired by an earlier card you created with this mailbox, but still haven't gotten mine out to play with! Now I'm doubly inspired, and determined to get at least one valentine created with it! Love it all!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun mailbox bursting with pretty blooms and a Valentine Marcia! So fun against the embossed hearts background too! xx

Birgit said...

This is adorable in pink, red and white! I've been wanting to pull this set out again for Valentine's day and now you've inspired me even more, to do so. The embossed background is perfect for this.

Christine | Dances With Hooves Paper Design said...

Beautiful card! Oh, how I adore that die set... and you've made my day to see it featured in a new way for Valentine's Day! Thanks so much for sharing!

Blessings,
Chrissy

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so adorable. Love your red and pink mailbox with it overflowing with love. So much lovely texture.

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, Marcia, I LOVE the explosion of color on this sweet birthday card! The embossed hearts in the BG and the sponged shading add so much to an already very special card. So fun!

cm said...

Your mailbox, bursting with blooms and love, is absolutely lovely! Perfect for the challenge; perfect for sending birthday wishes!
~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I absolutely love your mailbox, I may have to wander over to Soellbinders and our has it,I love it every time I see it!