Thursday, January 19, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #32

Hello friends.  Trying to stay true to my plan to keep making Christmas cards all year long, and the Peace On Earth Challenge has the most beautiful mood board to inspire right now...


Isn't that just the prettiest mood board with all the beautiful birds?!  My hubby and I love watching them all year long, but especially during Wintertime, so it was a no brainer to play along!  I also had a new EF/Die to play with thanks to my sweet friend Bobby who mistakenly ordered two and shared one with me!  Gotta love stampin' friends...thanks again so much Bobby!!  


I made a pretty CAS card starting with SSS's Pepperberry EF/Dies with white cs and matted with a piece of Cherry Cobbler (SU!) cs.  I cut 2 of the matching 3 dies that come with the EF out of white cs also, and then colored them with a few Copics.


I couldn't resist pulling out an oldie but a goody chubby little birdie from PTI's Brushed Birds and inking him up with tans, browns and some red.  I also added a bit more red using an R89 Copic on the sweet little guy.


I finished by adding a strip sentiment from Gina K and a few red glitter drops and silver pearls from PFS.  

The talented DT has some awesome inspiration for you, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Feb. 2nd @ 8:00PM
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Lia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! A bit CAS and I like it.
Lia DT POE

Diane said...

Beautifully created and you should enter it into our embossing folder challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Loll said...

Lovely card Marcia. I love your sweet bird sitting among the branches and berries. Gorgeous card, my friend. xx

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely take on the challenge Marcia, so very pretty and Christmas-y.

Leslie Miller said...

I know! I'm nuts about all things birds and not only is the board extra pretty but your card is the sweetest thing! Between the embossing and the die cut parts there is so much wonderful texture and dimension. Your coloring is tops, too. I gifted my friend this folder for Christmas but didn't get one for me. Can you imagine? It's on my wish list.

Bonnie said...

What an adorable bird all fluffed up in the cold! Your berries are beautiful! This is one of my favorite sets! How nice for you that Bobby ordered twice!

Lisa Elton said...

My hubby's favorite thing to photograph are birds! He would love to get a snap or two of your darling chubby little bird! Sweet card, Marcia!

Anonymous said...

I love this and i adore those little birds...my favorites for sure!

Birgit said...

This is stunning, my friend! What gorgeous detail in the embossed background, the coloring you did on the die cut and that sweet bird. This is a real showstopper!!

Darnell said...

Your chubby little birdie is right at home in that beautifully colored pepperberry branch, Marcia! I love your matching e/f for texture and interest! It always amazes me how the birds can survive the cold temperatures. We have hummers all year long here and it was 28 degrees this morning!?! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Would you believe that I haven't even used mine yet, Marcia. I love your little bird perched on the dies that come with the folder and so glad that you are enjoying it.

I Card Everyone said...

I just had to love on this little sweetie more, Marcia - and to get a good closeup of him! Ohhhh he is so darling and perfectly snuggled in for a Wintery day - he has everything he needs within one darling card! [Makes me think of my little friends outside my craft room window!]
=]