Sunday, January 1, 2023

Color Hues #55 - Light Pink & Gold

Hello friends.  Happy New Year and welcome back to another fun and exciting year at the Color Hues Challenge!  I am just tickled Pink to tell you that I am ONE of the new DT members for the Color Hues Challenge, and our amazing leader Nancy is hosting this 1st challenge of 2023 with the colors LIGHT PINK & GOLD.

I am from Michigan and right now it is definitely WINTER, so my first thought with these colors was to go with a snowflake theme.  Since I am not too thrilled with the weather outside right now though, I decided to follow my first love, and that is FLOWERS!!  Other than Christmas stamps, I think 90% of my stamps are florals!!  So, I pulled out a favorite from Pinkfresh Studios called Magnolias and came up with this...


I started by gold embossing my flower and leaf images and then stenciling just the floral images in Ballet Slipper and Sparkling Rose inks (PFS).  I die cut my images twice so I could stack them for just a bit of dimension.


I gold foiled my background using The Greetery's Deco Triangles Hot Foil Plate, and then matted it to a layer of gold mirror cs, and then adhered both layers to a top folding white card base.  I arranged my flowers and leaves and then added a die cut sentiment from Memory Box's Just a Note Posh Script using more of the gold mirror cs.  (I also added a few more die cut layers for a bit more dimension on my sentiment.)  I finished off this soft and pretty card with a few Glitter Drops: Blush from PFS.

So which way will YOU use these two colors??  Make sure you check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the rest of the talented DT (including the other 2 talented newbies Jules & Steph), and then play along with us right HERE.  This challenge ends on the 14th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



22 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome, Marcia, to the DT! We're so excited to have you with us. What a gorgeous card! I love that Greetery foiled background, and the beautiful magnolias are a perfect fit with it! Happy New Year!

Leslie Miller said...

First of all, congratulations on joining the Color Hues team! You'll do them proud with your creativity and artistic eye. Just look at this fine example! The epitome of soft pink and gold. It's all so beautiful, Marcia!

Julie B said...

Happy New Year Marcia and welcome aboard! Love your pretty magnolia floral, it will be a few months before mine flowers in the garden though! :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous way to start off the new year, congratulations! Your card is lovely, Marcia! I love the soft pink blooms. Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Welcome. Marcia! I didn’t think this day would ever come! We are lucky to have you joining us! I love what you have done with my color combination. Your soft flowers look really wonderful! Happy New Year to you as well!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, congratulations on your new DT spot, Marcia! You are an awesome addition to this wonderful team! Love the elegance of all the gold and the soft pink flower! A perfect choice for these colors!

Stef Perry said...

A gorgeous and elegant card Marcia! The magnolia on top of the foiled background is glorious, especially with the soft pink inking! Tickled "pink" that we are new teammates at Color Hues!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful design, Marcia. I love the softness of your colors and contrast of florals and geometric patterns. Congratulations on your DT spot too! Vikki H

JulieP said...

This is just so pretty!!! As a Floridian I don't blame you for choosing florals over snowflakes. LOL! I'm excited to see all of your floral cards in the future since coloring them totally intimidates me.

Birgit said...

Congratulations on your design team spot! They're so luck to have you. This card is a shining example of your amazing eye for design. So happy for you on your new design spot!

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations on joining the team Marcia. YOur gorgeous creations will offer lots of inspiration over the course of your term. This one is stellar. Gorgeous.

JoAnn said...

Congratulations on the DT spot at Color Hues. Your card is gorgeous. Love the Deco Triangles Hot Foil Plate and the pretty magnolia.
Happy New Year. ((warm hugs from Florida)).

cm said...

Happy New Year - and welcome to the CH team! Talk about making a breath-taken-away debut! Your card is gorgeous! This work of art should be framed, it's that amazing!
hugs,
~carol

Loll said...

Gorgeous pink and gold card Marcia!! Congrats on joining the team!! I'm with you, most of my stamps are florals or Christmas. :) xx

TK said...

Two beautiful colors, but your card is absolutely stunning! Wow, love the pink and gold, terrific use of the colors and CONGRATS on being the new DT

Cindy Beach said...

I'm doing a happy dance here, I"m so delighted that you are joining the team! You have been a faithful player and inspired us every time with your gorgeous cards! This card is perfectly elegant and I love the soft hues of pink and that sparkly gold foiling. A beautiful creation in every way!

Nancy Penir said...

A great big Congrats to one of my favorite designers! And just look at your debut card, gorgeous blooms! I don't know, snowflakes are a favorite with us westerners too! Looking forward to all your beautiful posts!

I Card Everyone said...

I am so tickled pink to have you inspiring me even more to play along at Color Hues, my friend!
Gorgeous gold foiling and the prettiest pale pink Magnolia all made just THAT much better finished with such a great die cut sentiment!
Congratulations, my sweet friend!
=]

Hannelie said...

So happy to have you on the team Marcia! You are kicking it off with a stunning card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy New Year Marcia and welcome to the team! I was so excited to hear you were joining us, so excited to be designing with you again! We used the same Greetery cover plate, it my favorite and it looks great behind the gorgeous flower! Winter is not my favorite either and we have had a crazy one so far this year--some on spring!

Bobby said...

So beautiful, Marcia. Makes me want to get out my foil machine again soon.

Bobby said...

Oh and congratulations on your new design team. They're lucky to have you.