Monday, January 23, 2023

Double D Challenge - SNOW

Hello friends.  Winter has returned to Michigan after the break we've had since the blizzard Christmas weekend, so it seemed appropriate to play along with the Double D Challenge titled SNOW!


The mood board almost makes Winter look fun, doesn't it?!  (Gotta LOVE that car!!!)  I'm not a snow fan anymore, although I do admit that it is beautiful...from the inside!  Haha!!  So anyways, here's my SNOW card...


I have always loved silhouette and ink blended cards (Gina K turned me into a fan of it!), but this past year I have really started falling in love with Lavinia stamps and the beautiful (and fun and whimsical) scenes created with these stamps!  I had held off buying any though until Leslie Miller started showing some cards she had been making with the stamps (like this one HERE that I absolutely LOVE!!!), and then I couldn't help myself and had to buy a few!  I started by tearing a piece of cardstock to use as a mask to make my snow hills, and then used Distress Inks (Spun Sugar, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, & Faded Jeans) to blend my sky.  


A little splattering with just plain water made my falling snow, and then I started inking up my stamps in black for the silhouette look.  The trees are Forest Scene (LAV524) and Christmas Tree Group (LAV021) and the bunny is Lori (LAV602).  I couldn't bring myself to add a sentiment to the front, so added it to the inside and just attached my panel to a top folding white card base.  Not too bad for a first try with these stamps, and yes, I do want more and to play more!!  (It's ok, I know I have an addiction to stamps and really don't have any desire to be cured!)

The DT has some AWESOME inspiration for you if you'd like to play along (HERE) and the challenge is open till Sunday, Jan. 29th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! What a wonderful winter background for this darling little bunny. I have some Lavinia stamps that I should pull out and use. They have so many cute stamps!

Bobby said...

Is there a cure? I don't want to be cured either, Marcia. Not only is it fun to make cards but it's fun to see those that others make. Yours today is fantastic, my friend. The inking really sets the mood and the bunny looks so cute sitting in the snow. FYI: if you need to purge to make room for your new stamps you know where to send them. ;)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Marcia, you make my heart happy! I love to see this gorgeous card and know that you share my passion for these stamps in any small way. You've made a beautiful scene here with the delicate snow and the gently shaded sky. Love the hint of pink on the horizon. This bunny is on my wish list. I've collected a lot more Lavinia stamps since my first post. Hooked I tell you, and not sorry one bit! I'll look forward to more of your Lavinia cards anytime you have a mind to create one. Oh, and thank you for playing along with us at Double D!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you have a fabulous grasp on silhouette stamping - that darling little hare is resting in the prettiest spot in the forest! Beautiful blending and just the right amount of 'stars.'
No need to apologize, my friend - I could look at these all day and have really loved Leslie's Lavinia stamps cards, too.

Bonnie said...

I'm addicted too and not interested in giving up that addiction. I LOVE your scene and wish I could get the hang of ink blending and splatters to look like this! Such a sweet scene with Lori looking at the trees and enjoying that snow!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow did you ever put those Lavinia products to good use! This is especially pretty, Marcia! I have a thing for rabbits and this one looks perfect with your beautiful sky and snowy hills!

Loll said...

Gorgeous winter scene, Marcia! I love the beautifully blended night sky ... those colours are so lovely! Loving your Lavinia stamps, they do make the most sweet scene cards. I have also bought a lot of products because of Leslie. :) She is an enabler, although she will tell you that we all enabler her too. :) xx

Diane said...

Wow, what a beautifully designed scene, the kind of beautiful winter I love. In my part of Michigan we have snow and more on the way, that darn lake Michigan likes to dump boat loads on us and like you, though pretty, I am NOT a fan either lol! Winter cards are MUCH more my type of winter!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Cat Craig said...

I too have been wowed by Leslie's lavinia cards and now I get to see even more gorgeousness with your fab cards. That bunny looks perfectly happy in her wonderland. Lovely card.

Birgit said...

I'm back for a second look at this darling card! The colors you blended into the sky are perfect for this sweet silhouette. So glad that you linked your card up to the Double D challenge. Thank you for joining and I wish you the very best of luck!