Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #31

Hello friends.  Hope you're not tired of seeing Christmas cards?!!  I slacked off quite a bit last year and ended up having to make last minute cards and am bound and determined NOT to do that again, so you will be seeing Christmas cards every couple of weeks!  The Peace On Earth Challenge is a great one to keep me on track and they have a wonderful mood board that inspired me to pull out a PFS stencil and NBUS stamp/die combo.


I was inspired by the trees in the bottom right photo (minus the red wagon...wish I had one!!) and all the trees the DT used on their inspiration cards!  Here's what I came up with...


I used PFS's Wintry Forrest stencils and light, medium, & dark Spruce inks (Gina K) to make my graduated tree lines (stenciled 5 times).  The sentiment is from Penny Black and is a stamp and die set that I've had for years and never used.


I added a strip of torn white cardstock to the bottom of my card to add my sentiment to so that it would show up better than stamping over the tree line.  I die cut the "mountain" twice for a bit of dimension and also added some TH Distress Glitter to the torn edges for a bit of snowy sparkle.


Had to show you the inside of the card so you could see the rest of the words to one of my favorite Christmas songs...it's one of those melodies that gets stuck in your head!

There's lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT that you can find right HERE if you'd like to play along.  Better be quick though as this challenge closes on the 12th @ 8:00PM.

Also adding this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #46 since it took me over two years to FINALLY use the sentiment stamp/die set!!  



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful sentiment for this beautifully stenciled card, Marcia! You'll have me singing all day - a wonderful earworm to have!
Gorgeous, my friend!
=]

Cat Craig said...

A beautiful sentiment, and a lovely take on the challenge.

Bonnie said...

I love the depth of your forest, Marcia! Great job with that stencil! Love, love, love the sentiment! I hope we see it again.

Darnell said...

That's one of my favorite Christmas ear worms, Marcia, and if no one is around, I belt it out for all I'm worth! (I'm sure you can just picture it!) I love the easy, but very effective, way you stenciled the trees using graduated greens to create the awesome forest depth. And the torn paper snowbank is easier than die-cutting a hill, so lots to learn from your post today. Thank you for that, for inspiring everyone at NBUS, and for sharing just how old the set was so we all feel better about ourselves! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness is this ever PRETTY! LOVE the shades of green you used, the touch of sparkle and the sentiment is fantastic! I'll sing myself to sleep for sure!!

Lia said...

I am so glad that the moodboard has inspired you to make this gorgeous card! The wonderful layer of trees makes it a real wood!
Lia DT POE

Diane said...

A beautifully created stenciled card and what a fabulous sentiment too! Don't forget to enter it in our Stencil Fun challenge!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Loll said...

I love the forest you've created with your wonderful stenciling, Marcia. The shades of green are so calming and peaceful ... perfect for a Christmas card. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! What a fabulous sentiment for your beautiful card! I love the depth of the tree scene beyond the snowy hills. I'm glad to see anyone doing Christmas cards because it encourages me to do the same. Thanks for that! You know the song is going to be in my head the rest of the day. Not such a bad thing. Thanks for that, too!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh, I really love this. So beautiful with just a touch of sparkle. Now you've got me wondering if I can make a stencil from some tree dies, for a similar effect. Thanks for the inspiration. xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Marcia! I really like the ombré trees and that wonderful sentiment. I actually have the sentiment in my NBUS box so thank you for the inspiration to split it inside and outside the card! Vicky x

Bobby said...

Now you've done it, Marcia. I'm going to be singing that song all morning. I love the mountain of trees and the sentiment works well with it.

Birgit said...

This is beautiful, my friend! Love the glittered snow and rows of trees. Yes, I'm going to be singing this song for the rest of the day.